ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Senior postmen

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by Nondescript »

Gilly, you can take it, sure you can.

You can take it because you got no choice. How'd you like to spend 48 hours of it lyin' in some muddy ditch... with nothing but the rotten corpses
of your friends to keep you company?

I was in 'Nam back in '72. I was trapped behind enemy lines with my entire squad dead. They thought they had killed everyone.

Except for me, they was right.

But it wasn't for their lack of tryin'. A grenade blew up right beside me.

That's why I'm so pretty.

And they started pushin' all them bodies in on top of me... and all I could do was lay there,

play possum... listen to the enemy joke, laugh.

Hour after hour after hour

I lay--

So I finally climbed out of this hole... and I sneaked up on the enemy while he was sleepin'... and I killed one, two, three, four, five--

When I came to my senses.. I realized I'd killed an entire V.C. squad single-handed. There was blood... and chunks of yellow flesh clinging to my post-it peg..

..And then I woke up :thumbup
bogstandard
Posts: 1074
Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16

Re: Senior postmen

Post by bogstandard »

Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
why not challenge it at your workplace, you may discover information that would make anyone and everyone suspicious. However in order to not appear to be on a mission drop the word senior. The art of depression is to focus on the negative, regardless. I'm not suggesting you are depressed but that there is a specific focus or target ie seniority or one senior postperson in particular.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by scoobydo79 »

Gilly856 wrote:Why do senior postmen go home and not back to the office to return specials and the Queens mail?
Thats interesting.Its the junior young blokes that do this in My office. :hmmmm
bigbazza
Posts: 113
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
Gender: Male

Re: Senior postmen

Post by bigbazza »

Nondescript wrote:Gilly, you can take it, sure you can.

You can take it because you got no choice. How'd you like to spend 48 hours of it lyin' in some muddy ditch... with nothing but the rotten corpses
of your friends to keep you company?

I was in 'Nam back in '72. I was trapped behind enemy lines with my entire squad dead. They thought they had killed everyone.

Except for me, they was right.

But it wasn't for their lack of tryin'. A grenade blew up right beside me.

That's why I'm so pretty.

And they started pushin' all them bodies in on top of me... and all I could do was lay there,

play possum... listen to the enemy joke, laugh.

Hour after hour after hour

I lay--

So I finally climbed out of this hole... and I sneaked up on the enemy while he was sleepin'... and I killed one, two, three, four, five--

When I came to my senses.. I realized I'd killed an entire V.C. squad single-handed. There was blood... and chunks of yellow flesh clinging to my post-it peg..

..And then I woke up :thumbup
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle