
Harvey Eade will retire as a postman after 50 years in the role.
It's the end of an era for the 65-year-old who has delivered in Charlton Kings for his entire career.
"He's a real face. He's going to leave a big hole," said friend and colleague of 25 years John Hill.
Harvey, who lives as well as works in Charlton Kings, said the best thing about being a postman is becoming an integral part of the community.
"I've met a big variety of people," he said. "You make good friends and get to know your customers. I know everybody in Charlton Kings."
It's not just people that Harvey has got to know.
"I wind all the dogs up," he said. "They all know me and they wait for me. They know what time I'm coming. They're pretty friendly and I know them by name."
Harvey's favourite is a Cocker Spaniel called Millie.
Although he's retiring Harvey will still be a presence in Charlton Kings as he plans to stay put in the area.
"I'll still go for walks and I'll still see the same people," he said.
But Harvey knew it was the right time to go.
"You can't keep going forever. You've got to stop sometime because it's a physical job."
When Harvey started life as a postman deliveries were done on bike but now he does them all by foot covering approximately 12 miles a shift.
He remembers earning £12 a week in 1973.

He said: "It's a young man's job now. You've got to be fit. I will miss it but I won't miss the winter where you walk around in the cold. It's not a summer job it's an all-year-round job."
To escape the cold Harvey used to plan the 'sunshine tours' for the folks at the post office.
"A gang of us would clear off to Spain for a jolly," he said.
He said he's going to miss the banter in the office.
John said: "Harvey is a character and part of the furniture. Everyone will miss him and it'll be quiet. But I'll see him all the time anyway because we're friends."
Harvey will fill his time visiting his two daughters and two granddaughters.
"I want to see them grow up," he said.
Harvey is also a keen wine maker and will spend time refining the hobby.
He is the fourth Cheltenham postman to complete 50 years in the job.
His last day is Friday and he's planning a leaving do at Charlton Kings Working Man's Club.