ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are there many jobs more tiring?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

And I piss on me boots to make walking easier like the ' grunts' lol! :wave
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Acca Dacca »

Gilly856 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.

You're a troll and probably not even a postie.

And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.

But you aren't a postie.
I am a postie and I find it easy with plenty of time to do extra, with my lack of seniority but not in age I do not have an easy walk as I am a reserve who does different walks daily and weekly . :cuppa
No you aren't.

The game is up.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

Abraham Dacca you are wasted as a fellow postie you should be a detective in Rotherham :thumbup
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by jimmynailsalive »

Gilly856 wrote:
Acca Dacca wrote:
Gilly856 wrote:Easy job by some margin and I'm 50 plus, there are hundreds of harder jobs than going for a walk with or without a trolley.
Looking back at your post history, pretty much every single post you make is saying how much of a ''piece of piss'' our job is. No matter what thread it is you make the same comment.

You're a troll and probably not even a postie.

And if you ARE - count yourself lucky your one of the few with a great walk. Not everyone is the same.

But you aren't a postie.
I am a postie and I find it easy with plenty of time to do extra, with my lack of seniority but not in age I do not have an easy walk as I am a reserve who does different walks daily and weekly . :cuppa
You should write in to the courier and see if they'll give you a prize as the only reserve who gets punted around daily who can finish with plenty of time to spare. As a reserve I find you lose a good 20 minutes getting out as I don't know the frame or if the walks are tied loop to loop and then you need at least 2 minutes per bag to get instructions of where to go which adds another 15-20 minutes. If I'm on my own walk I would be digging out my mate a few times but as a reserve on an unfamiliar duty I can't exactly jump into the van and deliver parcels and specials or help my mate with the end of a loop or two as usually no idea in which direction he'll appear so easily 30-40 minutes gets wasted on a new walk.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

Some are biting so hard there teeth must be cracking. It's an easy job do your shift go home do plenty for the rest of the day. :funneh :thumbdown :nana
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by cyrus »

Gilly856 wrote:Some are biting so hard there teeth must be cracking. It's an easy job do your shift go home do plenty for the rest of the day. :funneh :thumbdown :nana
Got you, your in an easy office.
postslippete
Posts: 4201
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by postslippete »

The only cushy duties at our depot are all indoors

Mind you, they do plenty of walking in the callers office - from the customer desk to the packet frames 10 yards away at the back



Anyway good for you Gilly, the leave reserves at our office are either on sick or are always whinging about being on different duties every week. Mind you, the ones that crack on and get the job done usually come in a few hours earlier before their time - understandable as they don't always know the frame. So a few of them maybe do finish before their time.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

postslippete wrote:The only cushy duties at our depot are all indoors

Mind you, they do plenty of walking in the callers office - from the customer desk to the packet frames 10 yards away at the back



Anyway good for you Gilly, the leave reserves at our office are either on sick or are always whinging about being on different duties every week. Mind you, the ones that crack on and get the job done usually come in a few hours earlier before their time - understandable as they don't always know the frame. So a few of them maybe do finish before their time.
I never really said I finish before my time someone assumed, I said finish early 1418 and do other things. I do not work any minutes that I don't get paid for and I don't run.
I embrace the different walks and challenges which I enjoy and find easy, and love getting paid for keeping fit.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3226
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Acca Dacca »

Gilly856 wrote:
postslippete wrote:The only cushy duties at our depot are all indoors

Mind you, they do plenty of walking in the callers office - from the customer desk to the packet frames 10 yards away at the back



Anyway good for you Gilly, the leave reserves at our office are either on sick or are always whinging about being on different duties every week. Mind you, the ones that crack on and get the job done usually come in a few hours earlier before their time - understandable as they don't always know the frame. So a few of them maybe do finish before their time.
I never really said I finish before my time someone assumed, I said finish early 1418 and do other things. I do not work any minutes that I don't get paid for and I don't run.
I embrace the different walks and challenges which I enjoy and find easy, and love getting paid for keeping fit.
No you don't cause you are not a postie.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by OnAFlyer »

cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Nah, I wouldn't change my mind because. I done it for years, it's not tiring just boring.
Same thing when you've been that bored for 8 hours, I didn't last a week. I did a spell on a building site and that was totally knackering physically. I got on at RM in the 90's and couldn't believe how great it was, yeah it's a different job now but I still don't think it's particularly tiring if you're decently fit. I go for runs and bike rides after work and at weekends, plus I have a young family too. And I'm very nearly the wrong side of 40.
Gilly856
Posts: 41
Joined: 13 Nov 2014, 13:29
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Gilly856 »

Well said on a flyer
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by bandit1157 »

[attachment=0]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by cyrus »

OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
cyrus wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:I used to work in a clothes shop, it was a hell of a lot more tiring as every hour seemed to last a week. I also worked on building sites and that was far harder physically. I don't find being a postie particularly tiring other than the odd day when I feel tired before I start, for whatever reason.
You must have one piss easy walk, if you found working in a clothes shop tiring.
Try standing in a shop for 8 hours with nothing to do but help the odd customer or fold jumpers - you'd soon change your mind. It's so boring the days last forever, as a postie the working day flies.
Nah, I wouldn't change my mind because. I done it for years, it's not tiring just boring.
Same thing when you've been that bored for 8 hours, I didn't last a week. I did a spell on a building site and that was totally knackering physically. I got on at RM in the 90's and couldn't believe how great it was, yeah it's a different job now but I still don't think it's particularly tiring if you're decently fit. I go for runs and bike rides after work and at weekends, plus I have a young family too. And I'm very nearly the wrong side of 40.
...and like I said, you work in an easy office....Heart attacks, strokes, done in knees, hip replacements,bad backs are norm in my office.I work with a few ex army,ex pro sport,ex fitness instructor types.Before I started this job I was super fit myself(resting heart rate of 45 bpm). The wear and tear of walking up hilly paths, long gravel roads and house's with never ending stairs has taken it's toll.
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by Budfrog »

Not sure how up to date this table is but it gives you an idea on the Relaxation Allowances that need to be added to the basic (allowed) time for all manual work.

Image
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Are there many jobs more tiring?

Post by wannabeek »

I'm not sure I'm reading that chart correctly. It says 5 percent of my 'basic time' (does that mean my working day?) is required for 'personal needs'. 5% of an 8 hr day is 24 mins. That is one very long wee. It would take a lady over 33 mins to do it apparently. Is that because they wash their hands after? :left:

Also if I lifted 25kg (that's a full sack of potatoes, quite doable if healthy and lifted correctly) I'd need over an hour to recover? I must be reading it wrong.