ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by wannabeek »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:If he does then the bosses/planners will know about it. As faras I know all vans have trackers fitted now, and they can do both live and historical tracings.
Really??

Maybe that would require a manager to be able to operate a basic computer program without pulling faces like a 5 yr old faced with a difficult sum.

Not likely to happen in RM, I think.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

buntin wrote:no trackers in our vans !!!
there have been trackers in Vans since 2008 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ry#p130663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

wannabeek wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:If he does then the bosses/planners will know about it. As faras I know all vans have trackers fitted now, and they can do both live and historical tracings.
Really??

Maybe that would require a manager to be able to operate a basic computer program without pulling faces like a 5 yr old faced with a difficult sum.

Not likely to happen in RM, I think.

Rules out the planners as well going on historical data :nana
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
buntin
Posts: 100
Joined: 27 Jul 2011, 13:55
Gender: Male

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by buntin »

some of our vans def not got trackers fitted.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by arnold cheshire »

buntin wrote:no trackers in our vans !!!
if there was a tracker in a high value car you wouldnt be able to find it
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by arnold cheshire »

buntin wrote:some of our vans def not got trackers fitted.
can you imagine the cost putting trackers in every van ?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by OnAFlyer »

No trackers in our CDV's, but the Transits etc have.
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by jaylime »

I have done a rural for 11 years now in the peak district,before that I did 10 years doing everything(delivery,distribution,processing)....I have to say the rural is great,not so good in the snow.But like davef14 I also have over 250 drops,takes over 5 hours and always finish after the walk men......but I still wouldn't have it any other way.....best part is no sharing a van :nana
magicw
Posts: 111
Joined: 11 May 2013, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: So... what is a 'good' walk or duty?

Post by magicw »

If your doing P&L and you ve got a PDA on you, your effectively carrying a tracker. We ve had disputes on Willfull delay batted down in our office through PDA tracking data.