Years ago I left a Special I'd brought back on the counter of the lock up. Next day they tried to tell me I hadn't returned it. Told them to Foxtrot Oscar....... But I learned my lesson and will now only hand any Specials over hand to hand, and draw their attention to them. No problems with Tracked so far but there's time yet!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
can they do this?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
Don't worry yourself about it. If you brought it back it should have been scanned in. That's why they're "TRACKED". Someone's probably dropped a bollock in the office and is looking to pass the buck!
Years ago I left a Special I'd brought back on the counter of the lock up. Next day they tried to tell me I hadn't returned it. Told them to Foxtrot Oscar....... But I learned my lesson and will now only hand any Specials over hand to hand, and draw their attention to them. No problems with Tracked so far but there's time yet!
Years ago I left a Special I'd brought back on the counter of the lock up. Next day they tried to tell me I hadn't returned it. Told them to Foxtrot Oscar....... But I learned my lesson and will now only hand any Specials over hand to hand, and draw their attention to them. No problems with Tracked so far but there's time yet!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
most of the time these end up turning up where someone has misplaced them in the locker, however even if it has gone missing dont worry too much, occasionally things do go missing so long as it isnt happening too often you`ll be fine.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
I find it useful to have a temporary record of all items I've carded, especially on van share duties where the buddy may be the one to hand everything into the locker at the end of the day while I'm parking up the van. On occasion before I've been questioned about an item and I could be 100% certain that I carded it. Just house number, last 3 digits of the postcode and time, usually only 8 digits and takes seconds.blisterfeet wrote:So you write every slip left in this book? Why do that?
I'm surprised that any postie would photograph them tho, that must be a right hassle.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Re: can they do this?
All the duties in my office are given a sheet to fill in for their returns. A perfect record of if an item was returned to the office and whether it was a Recorded, Tracked, Special or just a regular item.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: can they do this?
We have to sign specials back in now, rather than handing them into the locker.Dorset Plodder wrote:Don't worry yourself about it. If you brought it back it should have been scanned in. That's why they're "TRACKED". Someone's probably dropped a bollock in the office and is looking to pass the buck!![]()
Years ago I left a Special I'd brought back on the counter of the lock up. Next day they tried to tell me I hadn't returned it. Told them to Foxtrot Oscar....... But I learned my lesson and will now only hand any Specials over hand to hand, and draw their attention to them. No problems with Tracked so far but there's time yet!