Surreypostie wrote:We have a relatively new contract, tickets, not sure who they are from, Tracked requiring a signature, states on the item 'DO NOT DELIVER TO NEIGHBOURS' get a few of them each day it will blow their targets right out of the window. Deliver to neighbour is at your discretion. I do deliver to neighbour, I do a couple of roads where I wouldn't even consider it, some of the residents look a bit dodgy.
I think they are probably world rugby tickets, you could always get them signed by someone else and just deliver them to correct place.
Really? You would do that ; against a specific instruction? Why?
Because it says not to deliver, nothing about getting it signed for, if I have sign for and it fits through a letter box and a neighbour will sign for it, then thats what I do and shove it through the box.
But if you see it differently, then no problem, I'm not advising to do it, just a suggestion, we all know each DO do things differently.
Surreypostie wrote:We have a relatively new contract, tickets, not sure who they are from, Tracked requiring a signature, states on the item 'DO NOT DELIVER TO NEIGHBOURS' get a few of them each day it will blow their targets right out of the window. Deliver to neighbour is at your discretion. I do deliver to neighbour, I do a couple of roads where I wouldn't even consider it, some of the residents look a bit dodgy.
I think they are probably world rugby tickets, you could always get them signed by someone else and just deliver them to correct place.
Not a chance, the Specification of the item requires somebody at the address to sign for it. You do that and the person they are addressed to say's they haven't received them who is in trouble? Who would the suspicion fall on? You, that's who.
Surreypostie wrote:We have a relatively new contract, tickets, not sure who they are from, Tracked requiring a signature, states on the item 'DO NOT DELIVER TO NEIGHBOURS' get a few of them each day it will blow their targets right out of the window. Deliver to neighbour is at your discretion. I do deliver to neighbour, I do a couple of roads where I wouldn't even consider it, some of the residents look a bit dodgy.
I think they are probably world rugby tickets, you could always get them signed by someone else and just deliver them to correct place.
Really? You would do that ; against a specific instruction? Why?
Because it says not to deliver, nothing about getting it signed for, if I have sign for and it fits through a letter box and a neighbour will sign for it, then thats what I do and shove it through the box.
But if you see it differently, then no problem, I'm not advising to do it, just a suggestion, we all know each DO do things differently.
Anything goes wrong and you'd be in the sh*t as the PDAs record the GPS location of where the scan was made so if the scan was not done on the recipent's property (or doorstep if their front door backs directly onto the street), you'll be in trouble
A2B wrote:Agree with the sentiment of your post but you're giving the current PDA too much credit, they're not that accurate and a lot of the time have no comms
A2B wrote:Agree with the sentiment of your post but you're giving the current PDA too much credit, they're not that accurate and a lot of the time have no comms
afaik the GPS doesn't need comms on to work
Your right but it needs to lock on to a satellite to give a location, in flats or tree lined areas they tend to struggle. Technology has moved on a lot since the current PDA was introduced, the new PDA should be far more advanced
The tracked items that state do no deliver to neighbour, such as ticket master, do not count towards your units first time delivery scores - so if challenged tell your lino that ! Also first time delivery isn't a 'manager thing' it's an industry standard. It's about giving the customer reassurance their item is on the way but also giving the big corporates timed data tracking of their stock - it gives them a reduction in complaints online, building a trust and creating better online customer reviews -preventing online 'basket' abandonments. That is why the business is pushing it - to win (retain) traffic! If you have a good linos (i do!) they should be supporting their teams, not beating you with a stick for bringing one back ... raise this in your employee survey feedback - thats really where management bonus is! DSM will pay attention!