More likely checking the info from his pedometer ........aiden01 wrote: might be on rmc for those 10 mins![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Partner taking the P**S
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Ever heard of indoor work before my partner gets in?DB1100 wrote:So Ossie I take it you are full time then? so you get paid 9hrs a week more than your part time walker and he is expected to prep his entire walk and and do all his households,have a 30 min break,travel to and from the delivery all in 6 hrs a day,what is it you do that warrants an extra 9 hrs pay a week?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4201
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Maybe your partner needs a rocket up his a*se, and it looks like he's got one........YOU!
How long have you been working with your partner? Its a cheap management trick to pair up someone who's quick with someone who is slow. On paper it prevents the quicker postie from finishing too early and speeds up the slower postie who may otherwise go well over his time.
But its a cheap trick because you are clearly unhappy working with him and it could seriously affect your ability to do the job properly, especially if you are doing his work for him as well. I've only ever worked with one postie that I personally didn't want to work with and thats because he enjoyed working well past his time everyday! I would go up to the line manager and try and get some of the work taken off us so that we would finish on time; but it never made any difference because that just made him even slower. On easy days when he knew we had ample time to finish he would often mix the letters up in the bundles, not mark the packets or even put packets in the wrong bags!
I complained about him because he quite literally drove me insane but it made no difference.
So in the end, after I delivered a few packets or specials I just parked the van up somewhere else and made HIM wait for ME every time on every loop.
We must have been late by over 2 hours everyday! But it also drove him nuts because sometimes he was stood outside (sometimes in the rain) wondering where I had got to. And in the space of less than a week thats when he went on sick......and I never worked with him again 
How long have you been working with your partner? Its a cheap management trick to pair up someone who's quick with someone who is slow. On paper it prevents the quicker postie from finishing too early and speeds up the slower postie who may otherwise go well over his time.
But its a cheap trick because you are clearly unhappy working with him and it could seriously affect your ability to do the job properly, especially if you are doing his work for him as well. I've only ever worked with one postie that I personally didn't want to work with and thats because he enjoyed working well past his time everyday! I would go up to the line manager and try and get some of the work taken off us so that we would finish on time; but it never made any difference because that just made him even slower. On easy days when he knew we had ample time to finish he would often mix the letters up in the bundles, not mark the packets or even put packets in the wrong bags!
So in the end, after I delivered a few packets or specials I just parked the van up somewhere else and made HIM wait for ME every time on every loop.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Partner taking the P**S
i'm pretty sure i once posted this before, but the p&l system needs to be programmed like a dating agency, yeah you can get on each others tits at times, but 99.99% of the time i get on with mine, can be a sh1t day, both knuckle down and get on with it,
i have worked with some right w@nkers though who do look at cutting off before a letter been thrown in!
i have worked with some right w@nkers though who do look at cutting off before a letter been thrown in!
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
You know I like my P+L partner he's a good worker, funny and doesn't complain too much. But I wouldn't want to spend a weekend on Fernando's with him. I really don't want to see him in a bathing costume either.korky wrote:i'm pretty sure i once posted this before, but the p&l system needs to be programmed like a dating agency, yeah you can get on each others tits at times, but 99.99% of the time i get on with mine, can be a sh1t day, both knuckle down and get on with it,
i have worked with some right w@nkers though who do look at cutting off before a letter been thrown in!
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Partner taking the P**S
so a 14th feb card is off then?meercat wrote:You know I like my P+L partner he's a good worker, funny and doesn't complain too much. But I wouldn't want to spend a weekend on Fernando's with him. I really don't want to see him in a bathing costume either.korky wrote:i'm pretty sure i once posted this before, but the p&l system needs to be programmed like a dating agency, yeah you can get on each others tits at times, but 99.99% of the time i get on with mine, can be a sh1t day, both knuckle down and get on with it,
i have worked with some right w@nkers though who do look at cutting off before a letter been thrown in!
seriously though, you could have the hardest walk look easy or the easiest walk look hard with or without teamwork
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Partner taking the P**S
So who part preps the walkers frame? and you have to do 1hr and 48 mins of I.P sorting everyday?Ossie From Preston wrote:Ever heard of indoor work before my partner gets in?DB1100 wrote:So Ossie I take it you are full time then? so you get paid 9hrs a week more than your part time walker and he is expected to prep his entire walk and and do all his households,have a 30 min break,travel to and from the delivery all in 6 hrs a day,what is it you do that warrants an extra 9 hrs pay a week?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Supermac0151
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 11 Apr 2015, 08:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Our office hasn't had revision yet....question about this partner thing though. Do we get a set partner as it where? We have that partner all the time besides holidays etc?
-
ThatsNotPlumb
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 08 Feb 2012, 22:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
As long as the OP is working at a completely reasonable working pace, why should he slow his working speed down to match someone I suspect is one of the many pisstakers?Judgee wrote:Nope not lazy just not a selfish moron like you! I bet you are really popular at work, I mean god forbid your partner actually stops to talk to his work mates, goes to the toilet or gets a drink how dare he.Ossie From Preston wrote:Seems you were made in the same factory as my partner. Lazy.com - I kiss no managers ass by the way.Judgee wrote:I'd work with your partner over you any say of the week. Stop moaning and get on with it. You said yourself "the more i do for my partner the more i have the day after, I seem to be doing a walk and a loop now, tomorrow could be a walk and two loops, the more I do the more i get the next day" What do you want a medal? If it's that much of a hardship slow down.
Your partner has the right idea and why shouldn't he get water or pace himself just because you want to kiss your managers backside. Get a life and grow up. If this all all you have to worry about then you are a very lucky man and should be pleased!![]()
Get a life idiot and like I said if it's too much of a hardship to help your workmate out perhaps you should go to the toilet a bit more sounds like you're all bunged up!
It's runners like you that have put us in this mess we're in now so well done have a peanut!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Partner taking the P**S
But what if the "piss taker" is working at a reasonable pace.
The one thing that amazes me is that so many OPGs that appear not to like RM Managers, yet have no trouble taking on tasks that are more proper to the said managers.
For instance, assessing work rate, walk testing and employee competence. If you don't like your partner then do what married couples do, go to counselling (teh DOM), work it out between you, or get a divorce. Simples.
The one thing that amazes me is that so many OPGs that appear not to like RM Managers, yet have no trouble taking on tasks that are more proper to the said managers.
For instance, assessing work rate, walk testing and employee competence. If you don't like your partner then do what married couples do, go to counselling (teh DOM), work it out between you, or get a divorce. Simples.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bandit1157
- Posts: 246
- Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
- Gender: Male
- Location: sh1t street
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Divorce would never work. I'm having the van, the bags with the good straps and you can have the D/D's and access to the PDA every other weekend.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:But what if the "piss taker" is working at a reasonable pace.
The one thing that amazes me is that so many OPGs that appear not to like RM Managers, yet have no trouble taking on tasks that are more proper to the said managers.
For instance, assessing work rate, walk testing and employee competence. If you don't like your partner then do what married couples do, go to counselling (teh DOM), work it out between you, or get a divorce. Simples.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Partner taking the P**S
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
No offense Ossie, but your approach seems to be all wrong. Sure come in on time and do your job properly as you seem to,but you seem to be rushing .. anyone who comes off their break early and moans about someone "p**sing about filling water bottles going to toilet " which he is 100% entitled to do would be classified as a "runner" automatically. As others have mentioned, if your partner really is taking the p!ss then thats up to the managers to sort out. If its really bothering you then maybe ask to come off the duty and see if you can do something else.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Supermac0151 wrote:Our office hasn't had revision yet....question about this partner thing though. Do we get a set partner as it where? We have that partner all the time besides holidays etc?
Yeah ofcourse. Whoever signs into the round does it everyday. It's not as bad as you would imagine, you don't actually see a lot of your partner on delivery- 5 min drive out and a min or two in the van between each loop then 5min back. And you can easily ignore them while prepping your frame too! btw I don't do this!
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Partner taking the P**S
ossie, from your original post you are doing a lot of work for your partner before you even leave the office, clearly you partner does not have sufficient time to perfom the tasks allocated perhaps when questioned you could mention this to you manager. Perhaps, if you have the time to do it, this work could be allocated to you permenantly. Not what you want to see but you are clearly displaying the capacity to accept this extra workload. Your times should align at some point, and i would think that point is when you leave the office. If you do your thing and let them do their thing the point you leave the office will not marry up and you manager will have to deal with it, as this is why you will not complete.
Just to confirm, you do know job and knock no longer exists. I'm not taking the pee, it's just that some still think it does.
Just to confirm, you do know job and knock no longer exists. I'm not taking the pee, it's just that some still think it does.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP