ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - letter

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - letter

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

This one deserves a few :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh :funneh befoe posting

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Royal-M ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ON July 8, at 1pm, I sent a small parcel via the Royal Mail first class signed-for service.

The aim, according to my receipt, is to deliver it the next working day but, as of 10am on July 9, it had still not arrived.

The parcel was only going to Colwick, in Nottingham, and I'm sure I could have delivered it quicker myself if I'd walked.

I rang Royal Mail and spoke to a person who sounded half asleep and was told that it could take up to four working days, so it is misleading the public in what it is printing on its paperwork.

This company seems to be charging extortionate amounts of money for an unacceptable service. It shouldn't even have "Royal" in its title and the only mail it has is the lost kind.

Joanne Luckett

Derby

and a few extra :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - lette

Post by Lounge Lizard »

"small parcel via the Royal Mail first class signed-for service" so that's £4.40 up to 1kg or £6.55 up to 2kg and that's "charging extortionate amounts of money" :crazy:
"I'm sure I could have delivered it quicker myself if I'd walked" said Joanne who will know better next time. :thumbup
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - lette

Post by bustedflush »

So shows how little knowledge the public have of the mail service. 10 AM it still hadn't arrived! The poor postie would be lapsing at that time, 10AM yeah, only if the recipient happens to live on either a lapsing or first loop.
Do the public know the return rates of recorded delivery? Yesterday had 3 all brought back. Today 7, 6 brought back. 2/3 would have gone in letterbox if tracked. I know some guys who write 739's for all recordeds before leaving the office due to the mental 'not in' rate.
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - lette

Post by delfranklin1969 »

Oh for goodness sake people like that really p*ss me off!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - lette

Post by Lounge Lizard »

And of course we don't know if Joanne packs her parcels securely and addresses then correctly and legibly. :cuppa
framusjsx
Posts: 88
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail can't deliver on extortionate service - lette

Post by framusjsx »

Plot twist, she actually used yodel but its always RM fault even if it wasn't posted through them