ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Partner taking the P**S
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Can't really complain about him filling up a bottle of water this time of year. Some people won't be rushed no matter what. If you think he's under performing then that's the managers job to go out and catch him. Use your trolley if you ain't already. Don't help him when you finish your loop, go and do a special delivery for another loop or something.
-
Ossie From Preston
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 20 Mar 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Cheers Coxie, the point I am trying to make is my partner is not pulling his wait and its like i have no option to do more because i don't like going telling tales and we won't get paid for going over. when my partner goes to the van its not a matter of getting a bag out shut the door and off to the next loop its piss about time on facebook or texting his mates spending at least ten minutes at the van. I grab my bag and gone in a flash.coxie wrote:Can't really complain about him filling up a bottle of water this time of year. Some people won't be rushed no matter what. If you think he's under performing then that's the managers job to go out and catch him. Use your trolley if you ain't already. Don't help him when you finish your loop, go and do a special delivery for another loop or something.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Nope not lazy just not a selfish moron like you! I bet you are really popular at work, I mean god forbid your partner actually stops to talk to his work mates, goes to the toilet or gets a drink how dare he.Ossie From Preston wrote:Seems you were made in the same factory as my partner. Lazy.com - I kiss no managers ass by the way.Judgee wrote:I'd work with your partner over you any say of the week. Stop moaning and get on with it. You said yourself "the more i do for my partner the more i have the day after, I seem to be doing a walk and a loop now, tomorrow could be a walk and two loops, the more I do the more i get the next day" What do you want a medal? If it's that much of a hardship slow down.
Your partner has the right idea and why shouldn't he get water or pace himself just because you want to kiss your managers backside. Get a life and grow up. If this all all you have to worry about then you are a very lucky man and should be pleased!
Get a life idiot and like I said if it's too much of a hardship to help your workmate out perhaps you should go to the toilet a bit more sounds like you're all bunged up!
It's runners like you that have put us in this mess we're in now so well done have a peanut!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Yeah, your manager could probably follow your partner while he does his delivery and decide if he is under performing. BUT if he takes his full break, uses his trolley, and does everything as RM instructs, then there is nothing wrong with what he's doing. And if he's going over by an hour or so then the round wasn't worked out properly and should be looked at.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
might be on rmc for those 10 minsOssie From Preston wrote:Cheers Coxie, the point I am trying to make is my partner is not pulling his wait and its like i have no option to do more because i don't like going telling tales and we won't get paid for going over. when my partner goes to the van its not a matter of getting a bag out shut the door and off to the next loop its piss about time on facebook or texting his mates spending at least ten minutes at the van. I grab my bag and gone in a flash.coxie wrote:Can't really complain about him filling up a bottle of water this time of year. Some people won't be rushed no matter what. If you think he's under performing then that's the managers job to go out and catch him. Use your trolley if you ain't already. Don't help him when you finish your loop, go and do a special delivery for another loop or something.
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I can see your point, I cut off almost every day but I've been given partners sometimes where I thought this is just embarrassing the amount we are cutting off with, however I never point the finger. If the managers want to do outdoor observations like they are supposed to be doing then they will see I'm doing nothing wrong and if my partner is then that's his problem.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I have a partner who takes the piss too. It's been great this past fortnight as he's been on his holidays. I knew he was slow and that's ok but I've seen him strolling round his loops like he's out for a pleasant walk leaving me to pick up his slack. The f****r was like greased lightning when he had a free ticket for the match though
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32811
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
You have to remember each person is different.
In my office...
Peep 1 will finish before me,even when he just walks to the toilet his strides are long and fast,he just can't walk slow.
Peep 2 will finish around the same time as me.
Peep 3 will finish after me,at times I need to nudge him on the sorting to see if he's still alive,he shuffles when he walks,and only lifts a leg off the floor to break wind.
I have no problem with who I work with,what will be will be.
Although if peep 4 hides around the corner from the van waiting for me to pick up the last bits...
We've no 4's in our office I don't think.
In my office...
Peep 1 will finish before me,even when he just walks to the toilet his strides are long and fast,he just can't walk slow.
Peep 2 will finish around the same time as me.
Peep 3 will finish after me,at times I need to nudge him on the sorting to see if he's still alive,he shuffles when he walks,and only lifts a leg off the floor to break wind.
I have no problem with who I work with,what will be will be.
Although if peep 4 hides around the corner from the van waiting for me to pick up the last bits...
We've no 4's in our office I don't think.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Do you know what an arseh#le this quote makes you look? You are saying people with no driving licence are a burden and should be sacked????Ossie From Preston wrote: Some non drivers has the life of Riley really and couldn't give a toss about helping the drivers.Selfish! hopefully one day RM will get shut of these selfish non drivers because they are a waste of space really without a licence their only a burden.
I can see what sort of person you are from that BS. You need a good kick up the backside. You have no business criticising another staff members performance to his face and if you kept mentioning it to me I would put in a grievance form against YOU. If you have an issue speak to your manager. But first remember everyone has a legal right to-
fill up their water bottle (FFS)
go to the toilet
have a quick chat to collogues (reasonable contact)
pat a dog to ensure it remains friendly. (OK not a legal right but a moral one)
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
While I dislike shirkers who don't pull their weight on P&L, I hate the runners even more. I'm a reserve who gets moved from pillar to post, and the number one complaint I hear about the guy I'm covering for is "he's so slow". It's no wonder the job's in such a state.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Partner taking the P**S
Its simple BE REASONABLE.
1. Work at a REASONABLE pace - not too fast and not too slow.
2. Take Reasonable breaks, comfort or otherwise.
3. Drink Reasonably.
4, Treat customers and their pets reasonably.
5. Start and finish at reasonable times.
6. Treat each other reasonably.
Its not that hard FFS.
If the other postie is so much of a pain in the ass for any of you, go and see your manager and ask to be moved to another duty. Prep the ground by seeing if any of his mates would rather work with him and you may be able to swap without dropping anyone in it.
1. Work at a REASONABLE pace - not too fast and not too slow.
2. Take Reasonable breaks, comfort or otherwise.
3. Drink Reasonably.
4, Treat customers and their pets reasonably.
5. Start and finish at reasonable times.
6. Treat each other reasonably.
Its not that hard FFS.
If the other postie is so much of a pain in the ass for any of you, go and see your manager and ask to be moved to another duty. Prep the ground by seeing if any of his mates would rather work with him and you may be able to swap without dropping anyone in it.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
This. Go and tell your manager you can't complete and you'll be cutting off at your time. When he asks why, tell him the truth. It's not grassing anyone up.Jpro747 wrote:You need to stop worrying about others. It's not your responsibility, it's your managers. If you want to finish on time then so be it, let your manager know you want to finish on time, then either agree to leave some in or cut off. It's that simple! Your manager might then be encouraged to sort him out for underperformance if necessary.![]()
And NO you can't get sacked for doing things properly, taking your full break, and finishing on time providing you play by their rules.
There are people like that in my office, I just tell the manager it'll be coming back when we get to time and hey presto they disappear onto another walk where the P&L partner isn't bothered about finishing on time.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I agree that pissing about for ten minutes each loop is not right but the part about not getting paid for going over? Balls to that - I wouldn't be doing extra to get through if this was the case. I'd be bringing stuff back or not taking it out in the first place.Ossie From Preston wrote: Cheers Coxie, the point I am trying to make is my partner is not pulling his wait and its like i have no option to do more because i don't like going telling tales and we won't get paid for going over. when my partner goes to the van its not a matter of getting a bag out shut the door and off to the next loop its piss about time on facebook or texting his mates spending at least ten minutes at the van. I grab my bag and gone in a flash.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Partner taking the P**S
I highly doubt he sits on his phone for 10 minutes between loops. 10 minutes is a long time. Exaggerations a plenty here I think.CharlesSpooner wrote:I agree that pissing about for ten minutes each loop is not right but the part about not getting paid for going over? Balls to that - I wouldn't be doing extra to get through if this was the case. I'd be bringing stuff back or not taking it out in the first place.Ossie From Preston wrote: Cheers Coxie, the point I am trying to make is my partner is not pulling his wait and its like i have no option to do more because i don't like going telling tales and we won't get paid for going over. when my partner goes to the van its not a matter of getting a bag out shut the door and off to the next loop its piss about time on facebook or texting his mates spending at least ten minutes at the van. I grab my bag and gone in a flash.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Partner taking the P**S
So Ossie I take it you are full time then? so you get paid 9hrs a week more than your part time walker and he is expected to prep his entire walk and and do all his households,have a 30 min break,travel to and from the delivery all in 6 hrs a day,what is it you do that warrants an extra 9 hrs pay a week?
For we were soldiers once,and young