ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
https://www.facebook.com/TheNationalLot ... =1&fref=nf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11705344_956014504421209_5112627262228774858_n.jpg?oh=2046083b9046259581f43e51fceb6b9a&oe=5650016FMatthew Evans, 35, a postman from Barry is celebrating after scooping a £2,604,015 Lotto jackpot on Wednesday 8 July. Matthew was the only person to match all six numbers in the Lotto draw, making him an instant member of The National Lottery’s exclusive millionaire club.
Matthew is a big Cardiff City fan and we’re currently at the Cardiff City Stadium as he meets the press!
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11705344_956014504421209_5112627262228774858_n.jpg?oh=2046083b9046259581f43e51fceb6b9a&oe=5650016FMatthew Evans, 35, a postman from Barry is celebrating after scooping a £2,604,015 Lotto jackpot on Wednesday 8 July. Matthew was the only person to match all six numbers in the Lotto draw, making him an instant member of The National Lottery’s exclusive millionaire club.
Matthew is a big Cardiff City fan and we’re currently at the Cardiff City Stadium as he meets the press!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
And there's over a million punters wasted £2 for him to get more money than he knows what to do with. 
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
Is he still a postman though? Or did he tell RM where they could stick their job?
Lucky bloke!
Lucky bloke!
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
A postman has revealed how a scrunched up lottery ticket sat in his trouser pocket for three days before he realised it was worth over £2.6m.
Matthew Evans became an instant millionaire when he eventually popped into his local newsagent on Friday night to check his numbers.
The 35-year-old Cardiff City season ticket holder from Barry now plans to upgrade his 16 year old car and travel the world, but has so far only splashed out on kitchen equipment for his sister and a few rounds of drinks for his mates.
'When I called them to check they just asked me: "Are you ready for this?"'
Matthew, who has worked as a postman for eight years, had just finished work on Friday when he decided to pop to his local shop in Cwm Talwg to check his Lotto numbers.
“I think I bought the ticket on the Tuesday and it sat in my pocket, during an 11-hour shift in work, during a day off, until 4pm on Friday afternoon when I finished work,” he said
“I took the ticket to the shop for them to check it and the machine started going crazy.
“The girl behind the counter told me sign the ticket and ring the lottery people.
“I started thinking I must have won around £20,000.”
“When I got home my dad checked the ticket on the computer and told me I had all six numbers - and there was only one winner.
“When I called them to check they just asked me ‘are you ready for this?’
“My dad was next to me screaming, it was unbelievable.”
'I can't wait to upgrade my 16-year-old Lexus'
Matthew added: “I was in shock on Friday night so just celebrated with my parents and had a few drinks, but on Saturday I already had tickets for The Ashes in Cardiff so I went along with my mates as planned.”
“We arranged to meet in Wetherspoons in Barry so I bought them all breakfast.
“I got home around 4am the next morning.”
Matthew actually scooped £2,604,015 thanks to the Lotto draw on Wednesday, July 8.
But he has not over-indulged just yet.
“On Sunday I treated my sister. She needed some new stuff for her kitchen so a few thousand pound went there,” he said.
“But I’ve not bought anything for myself yet although I can’t wait to upgrade my 16 year old Lexus.
“I might check out some garages to see what I can afford.
“Mind you I need a house first, I can’t be parking a Ferrari on the pavement kerb in Barry.”
The Cardiff City supporter has had a season ticket for 17 years and has vowed not to upgrade his regular seats this coming season.
But he does hope to use his winnings to support Wales at next summer’s Euro 2016 finals, if they qualify.
“I’ve always loved watching sport and this win means that as well as looking after my family, I can travel the world, watching my teams play,” he said.
“My dad has always wanted to go to the Monaco Grand Prix so we’ll do that next year.
“My mum has always wanted to go to a Wimbledon final so I’ll have to try and get tickets next year.
“I’d love to get tickets for the Ashes in Australia, the Gabba and the Waca, maybe the Lions tour to New Zealand.”
'I've been saving up for a deposit for a house for years'
He added: “I live with my parents and have been saving up for a deposit for years.
“I’ll stay in the area, maybe move closer to the Cardiff City stadium.
“But I’ve got to be careful of course, make some sensible investments, maybe shares in Cardiff City or Royal Mail.
“My boss has been really good to me, he’s told me to have the next four weeks off so I can get my head around things, let everything sink in.”
“This won’t just change my life but those of my family and friends.
“It’s for everyone.”
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ---9653974" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Matthew Evans became an instant millionaire when he eventually popped into his local newsagent on Friday night to check his numbers.
The 35-year-old Cardiff City season ticket holder from Barry now plans to upgrade his 16 year old car and travel the world, but has so far only splashed out on kitchen equipment for his sister and a few rounds of drinks for his mates.
'When I called them to check they just asked me: "Are you ready for this?"'
Matthew, who has worked as a postman for eight years, had just finished work on Friday when he decided to pop to his local shop in Cwm Talwg to check his Lotto numbers.
“I think I bought the ticket on the Tuesday and it sat in my pocket, during an 11-hour shift in work, during a day off, until 4pm on Friday afternoon when I finished work,” he said
“I took the ticket to the shop for them to check it and the machine started going crazy.
“The girl behind the counter told me sign the ticket and ring the lottery people.
“I started thinking I must have won around £20,000.”
“When I got home my dad checked the ticket on the computer and told me I had all six numbers - and there was only one winner.
“When I called them to check they just asked me ‘are you ready for this?’
“My dad was next to me screaming, it was unbelievable.”
'I can't wait to upgrade my 16-year-old Lexus'
Matthew added: “I was in shock on Friday night so just celebrated with my parents and had a few drinks, but on Saturday I already had tickets for The Ashes in Cardiff so I went along with my mates as planned.”
“We arranged to meet in Wetherspoons in Barry so I bought them all breakfast.
“I got home around 4am the next morning.”
Matthew actually scooped £2,604,015 thanks to the Lotto draw on Wednesday, July 8.
But he has not over-indulged just yet.
“On Sunday I treated my sister. She needed some new stuff for her kitchen so a few thousand pound went there,” he said.
“But I’ve not bought anything for myself yet although I can’t wait to upgrade my 16 year old Lexus.
“I might check out some garages to see what I can afford.
“Mind you I need a house first, I can’t be parking a Ferrari on the pavement kerb in Barry.”
The Cardiff City supporter has had a season ticket for 17 years and has vowed not to upgrade his regular seats this coming season.
But he does hope to use his winnings to support Wales at next summer’s Euro 2016 finals, if they qualify.
“I’ve always loved watching sport and this win means that as well as looking after my family, I can travel the world, watching my teams play,” he said.
“My dad has always wanted to go to the Monaco Grand Prix so we’ll do that next year.
“My mum has always wanted to go to a Wimbledon final so I’ll have to try and get tickets next year.
“I’d love to get tickets for the Ashes in Australia, the Gabba and the Waca, maybe the Lions tour to New Zealand.”
'I've been saving up for a deposit for a house for years'
He added: “I live with my parents and have been saving up for a deposit for years.
“I’ll stay in the area, maybe move closer to the Cardiff City stadium.
“But I’ve got to be careful of course, make some sensible investments, maybe shares in Cardiff City or Royal Mail.
“My boss has been really good to me, he’s told me to have the next four weeks off so I can get my head around things, let everything sink in.”
“This won’t just change my life but those of my family and friends.
“It’s for everyone.”
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... ---9653974" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
no he does loads of docket nowbaldrick wrote:Is he still a postman though? Or did he tell RM where they could stick their job?
Lucky bloke!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
We had a chap who won £1m on won of those ticket-draws that sometimes get added to a normal lottery (millionaire raffle IIRC). Did he stay? Did he F.
Couldn't get out quick enough, I heard he bought houses and the rentals are his income now.
P.S Best of luck to him, and nice to see CC have got their blue colours back!
Couldn't get out quick enough, I heard he bought houses and the rentals are his income now.
P.S Best of luck to him, and nice to see CC have got their blue colours back!
Last edited by bustedflush on 14 Jul 2015, 17:29, edited 1 time in total.
-
CLINTEASTWOOD
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 16 Nov 2010, 16:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
POSTMAN wrote:https://www.facebook.com/TheNationalLot ... =1&fref=nf
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11705344_956014504421209_5112627262228774858_n.jpg?oh=2046083b9046259581f43e51fceb6b9a&oe=5650016FMatthew Evans, 35, a postman from Barry is celebrating after scooping a £2,604,015 Lotto jackpot on Wednesday 8 July. Matthew was the only person to match all six numbers in the Lotto draw, making him an instant member of The National Lottery’s exclusive millionaire club.
Matthew is a big Cardiff City fan and we’re currently at the Cardiff City Stadium as he meets the press!
Nice one mate fantastic well done truly pleased for you.enjoy the rest of your life.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
£2 a ticket , no thank you , we should all boycott it for a few weeks, ppl power! That's right its Britain we just grumble n get on with it .
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
Postman pledges to carry on with his 11 hour shifts despite winning £2.6MILLION on the lottery
Postman Matt Evans, 35, scooped £2.6million in a lottery win last week
But he has vowed to keep his £350-a-week job following a long holiday
Sports fan is planning on using win to attend football and cricket matches
He has also bought his own house and plans to buy a brand new Ferrari
Yadda yadda yadda...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Postman Matt Evans, 35, scooped £2.6million in a lottery win last week
But he has vowed to keep his £350-a-week job following a long holiday
Sports fan is planning on using win to attend football and cricket matches
He has also bought his own house and plans to buy a brand new Ferrari
Yadda yadda yadda...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
delfranklin1969
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
Crikey cannot understand why anyone would want to keep on working after winning the lottery jackpot!
Personally I would be leaving a message on our office answer machine stating that I was off to the Caribbean - business class!
Personally I would be leaving a message on our office answer machine stating that I was off to the Caribbean - business class!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
POSTMAN wrote:Postman pledges to carry on with his 11 hour shifts despite winning £2.6MILLION on the lottery
Postman Matt Evans, 35, scooped £2.6million in a lottery win last week
But he has vowed to keep his £350-a-week job following a long holiday
Sports fan is planning on using win to attend football and cricket matches
He has also bought his own house and plans to buy a brand new Ferrari
Yadda yadda yadda...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttery.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Long holiday? Will RM let him get the weeks he wants then?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
As if he'll stay in the job, not only would it make zero financial sense (the interest earnt on the money would pay him more per day), he's going to be harassed by people asking for money etc.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
One of our guys won a couple of hundred thousand from the football pools in the early 80s, that's probably a few million in today's money, he's still with us...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
I know a guy who won £10 on his footy coupon , still with us.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postman Matthew Evans wins 2.6M on lotto
"I heard he bought houses and the rentals are his income now" and so many doing buy to rent that has put the price of houses up so much that few now have any chance of ever buying their own house.bustedflush wrote:We had a chap who won £1m on won of those ticket-draws that sometimes get added to a normal lottery (millionaire raffle IIRC). Did he stay? Did he F.
Couldn't get out quick enough, I heard he bought houses and the rentals are his income now.
P.S Best of luck to him, and nice to see CC have got their blue colours back!