ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good or bad job?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Good or bad job?
If the rep is bad then try and get someone to stand against him, and if you can form a committee to give the new one support. Knowledge is power, but if more people have the knowledge then its harder for a bad rep to keep the status quo.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
ziggy
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back o Beyond
Re: Good or bad job?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:If the rep is bad then try and get someone to stand against him, and if you can form a committee to give the new one support. Knowledge is power, but if more people have the knowledge then its harder for a bad rep to keep the status quo.
It's been tried apparently, I know it's not for me and as far as I know no one else in the office (it's a small one) is really interested. Most people fight their own battles when needed and just rubber the rep altogether
We mostly muddle through. I just think it's a shame that a job which could be a good one, is now tagged with management constantly implying that people are dragging it out without being prepared to back it up with any sort of evidence (cos there's none)
Ziggy
-
piranha
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Good or bad job?
Has always been a decent job that not everybody is cut out for. Management have always been shockingly poor, what were they doing when we were underworked and overpaid? Good job for now, if you think these T&Cs will still be here in 5 years more fool you. Start retraining NOW.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Good or bad job?
The pay is ok for now, but if/when the £9.00 living wage comes in this job is suddenly going to look very unattractive.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Good or bad job?
wacko74 wrote:The pay is ok for now, but if/when the £9.00 living wage comes in this job is suddenly going to look very unattractive.
I agree and I think recruitment and retention will show that.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
indurain
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 10 Jan 2014, 00:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Good or bad job?
I really think there will be a mass exodus of posties if/when that happens