ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by spiderj »

POSTMAN wrote:And I've got a bigger willy than all of you so do I win?
Well some offices are full of d##ks

Couldn't resist

A measuring contest would be a bad idea In RM.

Opgs would argue about how best to do it.

Managers would lie and try to find the rule being broken.
I won
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by motherhubbard »

zx135 wrote: Prepping tomorrows d2ds today is not doing the job properly. you said that you thought i was undermining the union with some of the facts i had stated, well this action you are doing is undermining all your fellow posties and potentially taking money out of their pockets, that 20 minutes of d2d prep was from tomorrows figures, in effect you have reduced tomorrows workload as you will now have an extra 20 minutes to lapse tomorrow, that 20 min could have been offered to a postie to complete on OT
So if I return early to the DO and a manger instructs me to prep the next day D2D for my walk, and other walks to take me to my finish time, I can refuse the request as unreasonable as it is potentially taking o/t away from an OPG?
I realise you need to have the last word and think you are the top dog, but unfortunately what you have written is nonsense.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

motherhubbard wrote:
zx135 wrote: Prepping tomorrows d2ds today is not doing the job properly. you said that you thought i was undermining the union with some of the facts i had stated, well this action you are doing is undermining all your fellow posties and potentially taking money out of their pockets, that 20 minutes of d2d prep was from tomorrows figures, in effect you have reduced tomorrows workload as you will now have an extra 20 minutes to lapse tomorrow, that 20 min could have been offered to a postie to complete on OT
So if I return early to the DO and a manger instructs me to prep the next day D2D for my walk, and other walks to take me to my finish time, I can refuse the request as unreasonable as it is potentially taking o/t away from an OPG?
I realise you need to have the last word and think you are the top dog, but unfortunately what you have written is nonsense.
If instructed you should do it. How ever if a manager is making instructions like this then the office rep should be taking the matter up as it is undermining the agreed resourcing plan that the manager and union rep had agreed to the previous week

I don't need the last word and don't think I am the top dog, I realise everyone is just as important as everyone else, shame not everyone else can see that
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

How many times do I have to say this. WTF is going on is this a crèche or a forum for adults exchanging opinions. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, why make it personal. You probably don't know the poster, you cant read their body language and if it pissed you off, it probably was not their intention.

No comment or opinion is nonsense, especially if the facts have not been fully divulged. If you don't tell us everything then we can only assume, and assumptions based on incomplete facts will usually be wrong.

If the personal comments or digs at members don't stop I will have to prune the membership - this is a warning for everyone.

If you really think someone is posting nonsense then rather than replying add them to your foes list, and you won't see their posts and I will appreciate having less work to do during this stressful time.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Exrep
Posts: 1005
Joined: 02 Oct 2009, 21:01
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by Exrep »

We dont lapse
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by piranha »

Its the early finish, many managers are using it as an incentive for the idiots to run around do double lapsing and still go home early. They should not let anyone go home early, it was supposed to have been stopped like ghost docket, this company is a joke.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by eastie »

DGP1 wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:And how many of the reps have negotiated extra leave slots because of the lapsing in the summer?
We're lapsing because of vacant duties because management wont fill them..............all going to go pear shaped in a months time when the mail really picks up.
SNAP and it all goes tits up when you have a few people off sick
delfranklin1969
Posts: 83
Joined: 09 Jul 2015, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by delfranklin1969 »

yeah we have the double lapsing thing in our office which I don't like (I rarely finish so early I can do it anyway!), it just makes the runners run around even quicker so they can go home 20 mins or so early!
salomon
Posts: 52
Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by salomon »

So what happens if the round you've been doing for 6 months gets lapsed, where does that leave you if not enough work to go round?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: How does your office function regarding summer lapsing?

Post by coxie »

We don't lapse at my office as it's one of the worst in the country. Too many cut off bags for them to even consider making us lapse