ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
sorting while sitting
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: sorting while sitting
i dont sit when sorting at the IPS. mostly because all the seats are taken!
i do however sit when doing my redirections and return to senders.
Toon Army!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32811
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Sit or stand it's up to you.......not some jumped up screw.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Depends on arm and torso length. Everyone will be different.
Personally I throw in the sequenced sitting down for the lower two rows then stand for the top two because being 6ft tall it would mean stooping for the lower two rows.
When throwing in the un-sequenced I tend to do that from a prone position on a chaise longue with my feet while feeding myself delicious Italian grapes. Red or green - I'm not picky.
Personally I throw in the sequenced sitting down for the lower two rows then stand for the top two because being 6ft tall it would mean stooping for the lower two rows.
When throwing in the un-sequenced I tend to do that from a prone position on a chaise longue with my feet while feeding myself delicious Italian grapes. Red or green - I'm not picky.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: sorting while sitting
Jack,Jack Rouse wrote:Isn't there a ruling somewhere that seats have to be provided.
For ages now cashiers at supermarkets have the option to stand or sit.
I have noticed though that unlike the old IPS frames the new ones don't have stools integrated into them.
I think such a seating option for certain jobs became law around the 1890s and was one of the very first health and safety requirements.
-
Villadaft
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 19 Nov 2010, 20:32
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
I work on deliveries we only sort for 30 mins why would you need a seat? Fair enough indoor and night shift workers yeah but deliveries nah,aiden01 wrote:Why?Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: sorting while sitting
30 minutes
Even on a quiet tuesday we are 1:15 and 1:45 on the busy days.
Even on a quiet tuesday we are 1:15 and 1:45 on the busy days.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
Our sorting is often up to 1hour 30 minits.No I think I will sit thank You.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
its nice that some people have an opinion on this and prefer to stand, personally ill keep my seat, thanks
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
I sit on the IPS and stand when at Delivery frame (except for bottom row).
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
very fast sorter I take most other posties seem to need well over an hourVilladaft wrote:I work on deliveries we only sort for 30 mins why would you need a seat? Fair enough indoor and night shift workers yeah but deliveries nah,aiden01 wrote:Why?Villadaft wrote:Brockley is right in fact I would take the chairs away from the sorting and prepping of jobs, you want a seat take one in your meal relief
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: sorting while sitting
I've said it before and I'll say it again... adult sized baby bouncers would be perfect for when we're sorting and prepping our frames.