I'm in the exact same situation as you are. I'm a part timer, often paired with a full timer, but I come in at my official start time and take at least half (and often all) of my meal break before going out on delivery. I've no doubt that makes some people not want to work with me, but to paraphrase, it's their own fault.deristrong wrote:Head above parapet. There's a culture on the floor of getting the job done as quickly as possible at any cost. For me to single-handedly stand up to it would make me very unpopular amongst my colleagues (by the time I start the day my partner is already making a great show of looking at his watch). Management love this situation because it relieves them of the pressure they'd need to put on us as we're busy doing it to ourselves. Incidentally, not sure I know anyone in our office who doesn't put MR at the end of their shift.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
It's your own fault
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: It's your own fault
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: It's your own fault
Hitcher wrote:The union has been saying for years now to do the job properly but next to no-one listens!
2007

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 69&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: It's your own fault
Do you go to work to be popular?deristrong wrote:Head above parapet. There's a culture on the floor of getting the job done as quickly as possible at any cost. For me to single-handedly stand up to it would make me very unpopular amongst my colleagues (by the time I start the day my partner is already making a great show of looking at his watch). Management love this situation because it relieves them of the pressure they'd need to put on us as we're busy doing it to ourselves. Incidentally, not sure I know anyone in our office who doesn't put MR at the end of their shift.
Don't come on here castigating others when you are guilty of similar behaviour and, ergo part of the problem!