deadbox wrote:The initial contract is for the item to be delivery ATTEMPTED by 9am or 1pm. Once this has been fulfilled, the contract terms have been completed. Subsequent re-delivery is NOT under the same time constraint as to the original contract. Re-delivery of the item is an additional service offer for free by Royal Mail and as such NOT subject to the original T&C's of the original contract. Deliver it when you get there.
100% correct. And I will explain why...
I am the customer (sender) of a SD item. I check track and trace and see it is signed for at 13:01 on the due date. I make a claim and receive compensation as the service provided was not what I paid for...
Now the same scenario, except the item was attempted at 12:59 on the due date and a P739 left. The recipient then asks for a re-delivery the next day at which point it is signed for at 13:01. Would I be entitled to compensation? No, because the original service I paid for was provided.
simply_the_best wrote:I reckon after a first delivery attempt then this Item has met its compliance, if the customer asks for it to be redelivered the next day then you can just deliver it when you get there, even after 1pm.
Would I be right in thinking this?
you are correct. ive had countless special redeliveries and have never had an issue scanning them after 1pm. anyone tells you otherwise is misinformed.
deadbox wrote:The initial contract is for the item to be delivery ATTEMPTED by 9am or 1pm. Once this has been fulfilled, the contract terms have been completed. Subsequent re-delivery is NOT under the same time constraint as to the original contract. Re-delivery of the item is an additional service offer for free by Royal Mail and as such NOT subject to the original T&C's of the original contract. Deliver it when you get there.
100% correct. And I will explain why...
I am the customer (sender) of a SD item. I check track and trace and see it is signed for at 13:01 on the due date. I make a claim and receive compensation as the service provided was not what I paid for...
Now the same scenario, except the item was attempted at 12:59 on the due date and a P739 left. The recipient then asks for a re-delivery the next day at which point it is signed for at 13:01. Would I be entitled to compensation? No, because the original service I paid for was provided.
The following is the reply I got from 'justsayit' - 'Currently we state within our Ops Specs that redeliveries of SD items have to be achieved by the original timescales, i.e,. 9am redelivered by 09:00 and next day by 13.00.'
So there you go, just doesn't make sense to me really.
On a similar query, I had someone ask me if I could bring their SD out with me the next day as it had been 379'd the previous day.
It wasn't someone I knew and wasn't really wanting to take the chance I would forget as have enough to do when I get back plus I would expect people to continue to request directly to the postie to redelivery their parcels rather than follow the instructions on the card.
Anyway I told her to call the office as per the 379 and they would deal with it, is that the correct answer as I have a memory like a sieve and wouldn't be long before I forgot to request the re-delivery and someone would eventually complain after sitting waiting on their parcel for weeks.
I've no idea if it's 'correct procedure' or not, but whenever it's happened to me, I've asked the customer for the P739 back, I write on it 'please redeliver on (whatever date they want)' then hand it in to the locker along with all the carded parcels at the end of the day. Never been told that's the wrong thing to do, makes it easy for them to find the packet in the cage for redelivery too.