ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Westlife delivers 'modern dad' award to postie

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Westlife delivers 'modern dad' award to postie

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.runcornandwidnesworld.co.uk/ ... to_postie/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Image

EX-WESTLIFE star Nicky Byrne made an unexpected delivery at the home of a Runcorn postman.

He turned up on Jon Evison’s doorstep with a TV crew and surprised him with the runner-up prize in ITV’s Good Morning Britain’s Totally Modern Dad competition.

Jon’s partner, Laura Stanley, aged 29, of Mather Avenue, Weston Point, said: “It was all hush hush. I couldn’t let any friends and family know.

“Jon is a big Westlife fan.”

Jon said: “I was overwhelmed. I couldn’t believe it.

“I absolutely love being a dad. I come home do the baby’s bum and tea. “Laura is brilliant but why wouldn’t you want to be involved with your kids.

“I’m so happy.”

She nominated 27-year-old Jon for the award because he has transformed the life of her family.

Laura said: “I was a single mum to my 11-year-old daughter, Amber.

“Jon completely embraced her as step dad.

“He took her to dance lessons, competed in sports days and helped on school runs.

“I would have been completely lost without him.”

He even took the day off work when snow closed Amber’s school and constantly updated Laura with photos of them sledging and building snowmen.
She said Jon was rocked by the death of his dad, Peter, aged 67, from Primrose Close, Castlefields in May, 2013.

Laura said: “His father was his absolute world and he models himself on how he was fathered.

“He gave up work to become his full time carer.”

After his dad died from lung disease, Jon completed several marathons raising thousands of pounds for the British Lung Foundation and Halton Haven Hospice.

Jon said: “We were extremely close, me and dad. He was my best friend.

“I will never get over his death but doing the marathons gives me something to focus on.

“I know he’d be looking down and be proud of me doing my bit to help other people.”

The couple had a baby daughter, Darcie in December.

Laura added: “Jon has become completely alive since becoming her dad.

“He enjoys bath times and bedtime stories and isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty.

“He always plans trips away with his sole focus being making memories.

“He’s always laughing and joking and strives to be the best dad he can be to our children.

“He is a lovely family man, exactly how his dad was.”

To support Jon’s fundraising, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JonnyEvison
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.