ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Suspended for cutting off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by gand »

What gets me is I do that to and say I cannot complete today what to you advise and they say they will pay the overtime. To which I say I don't want the overtime and tell them if your happy to pay the overtime why not give it to someone who wants it lol
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by cyrus »

ashadd wrote:So, if they had agreed to do overtime to finish there duty, they would not be in any trouble whatsoever. Either way, by cutting off or doing OT,it shows the walk was way to heavy for that day. :crazy: Personally, once I have thrown in ,and think I cant complete,i say to lino, i don't think i can complete today, what do you advise, its in there hands then. It works for me. :Very Happy
What? You mean you don't get the "You'll be fine"..then they turn and walk away.Hoping you'll just take it out and complete it.
It's as if they are following a script :wink:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

cyrus wrote:
ashadd wrote:So, if they had agreed to do overtime to finish there duty, they would not be in any trouble whatsoever. Either way, by cutting off or doing OT,it shows the walk was way to heavy for that day. :crazy: Personally, once I have thrown in ,and think I cant complete,i say to lino, i don't think i can complete today, what do you advise, its in there hands then. It works for me. :Very Happy
What? You mean you don't get the "You'll be fine"..then they turn and walk away.Hoping you'll just take it out and complete it.
It's as if they are following a script :wink:

Step 2:

Shout: ......... and if I am not ? Boss.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
postslippete
Posts: 4201
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by postslippete »

Our manager is like Houdini. He conveniently disappears when he knows a few posties are getting ready to ask him about not taking the lapse...Just as well the DOMs still in office


But i keep forgetting!! We are not supposed to tell him that we are not lapsing because it is taking us past our time and we don't want overtime. We have to ask in a procedural fashion:

We are really busy today, we have X amount of mail/packets and delivering it all will take us past our time. We don't wish to work overtime (don't need a reason) so what can you do about it? What can be taken off our delivery today so that we can get back to the office on time? And let them decide....

And that should be that.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Jack Rouse
Posts: 74
Joined: 09 Jul 2014, 20:01
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by Jack Rouse »

Latest News !

Went in today for a "fact finding" interview, me the Union Rep, and the DIM.

Explained to him what happened, then he suggested we "look at the frame" to get a better idea.

After five minutes in front of the frame there was a massive "BANG" it was the sound of a penny dropping inside the DIM's head.

This walk is too big ! he announces to myself and the Rep, who by the way had been telling managers this nugget of information for the past six months. :arrrghhh

DIM then proceeds to tell me this will all be sorted out, ( been told that at least once a month for the past six months), and I can start back to work tomorrow, with a clean slate.

And there was me hoping for a full week off :cuppa

Thanks for all the advice and support lads & lassies :nana
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Jack Rouse wrote:
DIM then proceeds to tell me this will all be sorted out, ( been told that at least once a month for the past six months), and I can start back to work tomorrow, with a clean slate.

And there was me hoping for a full week off :cuppa

Thanks for all the advice and support lads & lassies :nana
Glad to hear it's all sorted :dance sorry you didn't get the whole week off. Can't you tell him you have made plans till Monday :whistle
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: Suspended for cutting off

Post by cyrus »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
cyrus wrote:
ashadd wrote:So, if they had agreed to do overtime to finish there duty, they would not be in any trouble whatsoever. Either way, by cutting off or doing OT,it shows the walk was way to heavy for that day. :crazy: Personally, once I have thrown in ,and think I cant complete,i say to lino, i don't think i can complete today, what do you advise, its in there hands then. It works for me. :Very Happy
What? You mean you don't get the "You'll be fine"..then they turn and walk away.Hoping you'll just take it out and complete it.
It's as if they are following a script :wink:

Step 2:

Shout: ......... and if I am not ? Boss.
Haha.... Nah, I chase after them.If you shout,you'll get questioned about having an attitude problem.

It got the stage, where some folk in my office, refused to get involved in these silly, long winded chats.

Mangers were told not asked, that if they argued.The mail would be taken out, then come finishing time......they would lock the van in the street, then walk away.

You have a start time. You have a finish time.If you think it's a performance issue(snigger). Test me indoors and out.Oh and by the way. I ain't interested if so and so can complete. (This has been my motto since RM went park and loop)