ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
nail in foot!!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: nail in foot!!!
Are you in Union - are they involved. If not they should be.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32811
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: nail in foot!!!
Manager is a lying c***,get the union involved,if it's too painful to work then you don't work!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: nail in foot!!!
Bishbashbbosh wrote:I know I will be a minority, but maybe the manager is trying to help you. They are put under pressure nowadays to conduct people if they have a blameworthy accident that turns out to be a lost time accident (time off work) tell him you can come in and do indoor work, it shows your keen to help, stops it being a list time accident and will stand you in good stead to argue any conduct proceedings. Chances are you were reading whilst walking and will be deemed blameworthy
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: nail in foot!!!
Should we name and shame the manager doing the intimidating?
No then that would be sinking to your level
Remember your a line !manager not a CSI,doctor,psychotherapist,faith healer,lawyer,ghost buster.
Yes you have to investigate the matter.
You don't have to be a d% about it.
Oh aye,I know you read this so yes it was for your benefit..
No then that would be sinking to your level
Remember your a line !manager not a CSI,doctor,psychotherapist,faith healer,lawyer,ghost buster.
Yes you have to investigate the matter.
You don't have to be a d% about it.
Oh aye,I know you read this so yes it was for your benefit..
I won
-
Spartacus
- Posts: 533
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
- Location: Wales
Re: nail in foot!!!
I'd be limping round the office on light duties for weeks if that happened to me.
Delivery
Resistance is fertile
Resistance is fertile
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: nail in foot!!!
apparently hes not in union
could always contact no win no fee lawyers

could always contact no win no fee lawyers
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4201
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: nail in foot!!!
Oh aye
I would put a claim in as well - and tell your gaffer thats what you will do
You don't owe anyone any favours and if you have done any delivery today it is evident that they are not doing you any!
I would put a claim in as well - and tell your gaffer thats what you will do
You don't owe anyone any favours and if you have done any delivery today it is evident that they are not doing you any!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Bishbashbbosh
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 28 Jun 2014, 18:06
- Gender: Male
Re: nail in foot!!!
Good luck disproving that to the manager!steve1873 wrote:Bishbashbbosh wrote:I know I will be a minority, but maybe the manager is trying to help you. They are put under pressure nowadays to conduct people if they have a blameworthy accident that turns out to be a lost time accident (time off work) tell him you can come in and do indoor work, it shows your keen to help, stops it being a list time accident and will stand you in good stead to argue any conduct proceedings. Chances are you were reading whilst walking and will be deemed blameworthy
Good luck proving that!
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: nail in foot!!!
That reminds me Jason, you owe me £20 still and I want my nail-gun back....
Seriously though, the manager will exhaust every avenue in trying to blame YOU for it as if it's misconduct it easier for them and counts outside the 'accident at work' figures AFAIK. They get a lot of grief for every accident at work. I remember one trying to blame ME for a effing dog-bite at an open-fronted property!
If you don't feel fit or able to walk, DON'T!
Seriously though, the manager will exhaust every avenue in trying to blame YOU for it as if it's misconduct it easier for them and counts outside the 'accident at work' figures AFAIK. They get a lot of grief for every accident at work. I remember one trying to blame ME for a effing dog-bite at an open-fronted property!
If you don't feel fit or able to walk, DON'T!