ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postal Postie II
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 92
Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by Postal Postie II »

greengiant wrote:the "indoor" work was a bit of prepping.

Then out to deliver two rows of "small, flat, no stairs" walk. :mad DOM thinks the knee will be fine and dandy with daily ice baths, and that i'll be fine and dandy to do a couple of wee rows. :d'oh!

Any knee pain probably masked by my being on max strength ibuprofen. :crazy:
Yeah because Royal Mail employ Doctors and Specialists as DoMs. :nana

They just get worse don't they?
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

greengiant wrote::roll: Dom wants me to try a delivery on Saturday with aim of being back on a walk from Monday. Shame I'm supposed to be on a weeks annual leave starting from Monday!
Managed the delivery on the sat, knee a bit stiff the next day or so. glad of the rest now on annual leave! :nana
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

As a bit of an update about my ongoing gammy knee. Eventaully got MRI scan which showed damaged cartilage behind the kneecap, luckily ligaments all intact. I had surgery a couple of days ago for via keyhole surgery to tidy up loose cartilage and microfracture of rear of patella to regenerate damaged cartilage. A tad painful to say the least. :Boo hoo! Surgeon reckons I'll be on crutches non weight bearing for 8 - 12 weeks to let the microfracture take and regenerate the cartilage.

Quite expecting a phone call next week to go in for "light duties" :roll: It takes me to hobble around at home on crutches, let alone being in a busy delivery office at xmas time doing prep!
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

Still fearing its going to end up as IHR! :sad:
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

And nearly went posterior over elbow going downstairs at home today! :hmmmm think i'll be safer sliding down the stairs on a tea tray.... :chuckle
al3xreid
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 11
Joined: 16 Sep 2011, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by al3xreid »

I'm due to go soon for exploration keyhole surgery on my ongoing problematic knee,other knee now starting to play up as well now,which is stressing me out as I'm only in my 30's..

I am currently still working my full hours,but on light duties until I go for surgery.Outwith my health worries,I will incurr a stage 3 warning as soon as I go off after my surgery .

I have been assured by my local rep and DOM has said each individual case is looked at.And everything they know will be taken into account,as it's an ongoing health situation.That I'm trying to rectify by getting surgery.

(1) Should I be worried about my job?

(2) Should I consider IHR,if possible?

Any advice would be much appreciated !!.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by rambo1 »

Sadly, I feel this sort of injury is going to get more and more widespread with the distances we walk now. Worked out the other day that I have approx 2 circumnavigations of the world to do before retirement. Nice thought eh..
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

rambo1 wrote:Sadly, I feel this sort of injury is going to get more and more widespread with the distances we walk now. Worked out the other day that I have approx 2 circumnavigations of the world to do before retirement. Nice thought eh..
Is that before or after lapsing? :sad:
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by greengiant »

I'm getting an attendance review now! :roll:
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by halfull »

greengiant wrote:I'm getting an attendance review now! :roll:
how long were you off sick & how are you doing now (the knee)?
are you back on full duties or rehab plan?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72760
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Gubbed Knee - possible PCL tear! OH assist?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The review is automatically triggered, it doesn't mean that a stage will be issued.

A good point in your favour is that the absence was caused by surgery which will probably help improve your attendance in the future, this is the line that both you and the rep you take in with you, should be pushing.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.