ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

JAILED: Postman who sexually abused woman on his rounds

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

JAILED: Postman who sexually abused woman on his rounds

Post by POSTMAN »

JAILED: Pervert postman who sexually abused woman on his rounds


http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/resources/images/3891303.jpg?htype=0&display=1&type=mc2A FORMER postman has been jailed for more than four years and banned from ever again delivering parcels or letters, after he forced himself upon a woman during his work.

A jury at York Crown Court heard how Adrian Noble sexually abused a woman three times by walking into her home when he delivered some mail to her.


In a victim-impact statement read to the court, the woman said: “I wish I was dead sometimes, just so I don’t need to feel.

“I cannot escape, I am trapped in a nightmare I cannot wake up from.”

For Noble, Andrew Stranex said the crimes had ended his successful career with Royal Mail.

The Recorder of York, Judge Stephen Ashurst, told Noble: “You behaved in an extremely arrogant and selfish way and simply didn’t take into account her feelings.”

He said there was no explanation as to why he had gone into the woman’s home.

Noble, 52, of Barleyfields Road, Wetherby, was jailed for four and a half years and put on the sex offender register for life.

He was also made subject to a sexual harm prevention order for the rest of his life, banning him from any work that involves delivering parcels or items to people’s homes among other conditions.

He had denied three charges of sexual assault but was convicted by a jury.

Mr Stranex said the loss of his career was a “significant” blow to him.

Because of his commitments to his mother, he didn’t have the proper understanding of how relationships between men and women worked. He had “misread signals” from the woman.

The court heard he had encountered the woman some time before the assaults at a bus stop and they had exchanged pleasantries including an invitation to have a coffee together.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.