http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Plymout ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A POSTMAN who was brutally attacked in the street and left with head injuries says he has no idea why he was targeted.
The 50-year-old, who does not want to be named, was walking home through the Mutley area at about 6pm on Monday, May 11 when he was approached by two boys aged about 16 or 17.
“They got in my face and I told them to go away,” the man said.
“I decided not to go home but to walk to my friend’s house instead, in the opposite direction.
“I think they took that as me following them. I just said ‘Go away’.
“One of them said something like ‘You’re going to regret coming this way.
“When I got down to the Eye Infirmary in Ermington Terrace a car pulled up behind me and some other guys got out and set about me.”
The victim was kicked and punched to the ground, suffering damage to his teeth and lip and a black eye.
“I just said ‘I’m a 50-year-old, I don’t need any of this nonsense’,” he said.
“I remember being hit from the side and then being on the floor trying to cover up, getting kicked in the face, and then the police were there.”
The man believes his attackers were linked to the first pair who initially approached him, but cannot remember what they looked like.
Police say the suspects are thought to have left in a dark coloured vehicle.
A police spokesman said: “We are looking for anybody to come forward who may have witnessed the attack or gained the details of the registration of the vehicle leaving the scene.”
If you can help, contact Devon and Cornwall Police on 101, quoting crime reference CR/032840/15.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Plymouth postman speaks of brutal street attack
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Plymouth postman speaks of brutal street attack
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.