ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Kirkcaldy man's 'living hell' after flood of scam mail

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Kirkcaldy man's 'living hell' after flood of scam mail

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-h ... -1-3765211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Kirkcaldy man has said his life is being made a living hell after being deluged with scam letters and cold callers.

John Reilly, a resident at Woodland’s Walk in Dunnikier Caravan Park, said he is receiving up to seven or eight scam letters through his door six days a week, which have come from all over the world.

I shred everything and I’m constantly filling bags with them
John Reilly

“It’s starting to get me down,” he said.

“I shred everything and I’m constantly filling bags with them. I’ve tried phoning but all you get is a machine.”

Mr Reilly said the letters, which claim he has won a cash prize and ask for an admin fee, have been sent to his address from as far away as Hong Kong, New Zealand and Australia.

“I know one of my neighbours is getting the letters too, and I also get cold calls all the time.”

Alan Hamilton, trading standards service manager for Fife Council said it had not received any complaints about this spate of junk mail but that people should be on their guard.

“If it sounds too good to be true it probably is,” he said. “If you’re contacted out of the blue about something you should always be suspicious. If you haven’t entered a competition or bought a ticket you can’t win a prize - and you shouldn’t have to pay anything to get a prize.

“It’s vital that people don’t reply to scammers. Never give out your bank details, personal information or send money. Just ignore and recycle this kind of mail.”

Ronit Wolfson, Royal Mail spokeswoman, said: “We very much understand the upset and anxiety that scam mail can cause, in particular to vulnerable people and their families.

“People who want to make us aware of potentially fraudulent mail can write to Royal Mail at Freepost Scam Mail or call us on 03456 113 413 or email scam.mail@royalmail.com”
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Kirkcaldy man's 'living hell' after flood of scam mail

Post by Surreypostie »

Pop it back in a letterbox marked unsolicited mail return to sender, how hard can that be and much better for his heart.