http://www.sleafordstandard.co.uk/news/ ... -1-6716136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Royal Mail has been criticised for a mix up in which hundreds of leaflets for General Election candidates in the Sleaford area were delivered to the wrong constituency.
Coun Marianne Overton, leader of the Lincolnshire Independents and candidate for the Sleaford and North Hykeham parliamentary seat, said hundreds of leaflets had been wrongly delivered in Folkingham, which is actually in the neighbouring Grantham and Stamford constituency.
Coun Overton said: “It is unfair and uneven to have a postal delivery that is hit and miss when it carries information that is so important for people to exercise their democratic right. How can you have a fair election when people have not had access to the information?”
She said it was a costly operation to have 54,000 leaflets printed then hire a van to take it to a depot at Doncaster. She said the wrongly delivered leaflets meant elsewhere people had gone without.
She urged people to look at her website if they have not received a leaflet.
Royal Mail have now pledged to deliver spare leaflets to the correct addresses missed out.
Liberal Democrat candidate for Grantham and Stamford Harrish Bisnauthsing had seen some of his leaflets delivered to Barrowby outside his boundary too, but several hundred have been reprinted and delivered at Royal Mail’s expense.
A Royal Mail spokesman said: “A small number of election materials were delivered in error outside of the constituency boundaries for Lincolnshire Independents’ candidate Marianne Overton (Sleaford and North Hykeham) and Liberal Democrat candidate Harrish Bisnauthsing (Grantham and Stamford). Both issues have now been resolved and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
Greens’ leaflet seeks Norwich votes - for an Oxford candidate
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/greens_leaf ... _1_4053456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve thought of a question for the next Green Party quiz’n’chips night – how many miles is it from Norwich to Oxford?
I admit, it’s a sneaky idea on my behalf as I know not one member of the election team will know the answer. Behind winning seats, swotting up on geography really needs to be a priority for the party.
That’s because this week people living in Norwich South were sent a leaflet urging them to vote for Ann Duncan – the Green’s candidate for Oxford East.
A spokesman for Norwich Green Party told me they are investigating with Royal Mail and the printing company to find out what happened.
But there must be dedicated Greens feeling perplexed out in the suburbs of Norwich, wondering what has happened to their candidate Lesley Grahame.
Well, fear not, Norma is pleased to report that Ms Grahame is alive and well and still battling Simon Wright and co for the seat next week.
But are the party’s green credentials still intact? Some hardline Greens will criticise the leaflets for being printed at all. Never mind in colour, and being sent to the wrong address.
A spokesman said: “It looks like somewhere along the line a few envelopes were addressed wrongly.
“We apologise to anyone in Norwich who has received Green Party leaflets that feature a candidate from another area and we hope to get the right leaflets to those households as soon as possible.”
PS: The answer is approximately 145 miles.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/greens_leaf ... _1_4053456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I’ve thought of a question for the next Green Party quiz’n’chips night – how many miles is it from Norwich to Oxford?
I admit, it’s a sneaky idea on my behalf as I know not one member of the election team will know the answer. Behind winning seats, swotting up on geography really needs to be a priority for the party.
That’s because this week people living in Norwich South were sent a leaflet urging them to vote for Ann Duncan – the Green’s candidate for Oxford East.
A spokesman for Norwich Green Party told me they are investigating with Royal Mail and the printing company to find out what happened.
But there must be dedicated Greens feeling perplexed out in the suburbs of Norwich, wondering what has happened to their candidate Lesley Grahame.
Well, fear not, Norma is pleased to report that Ms Grahame is alive and well and still battling Simon Wright and co for the seat next week.
But are the party’s green credentials still intact? Some hardline Greens will criticise the leaflets for being printed at all. Never mind in colour, and being sent to the wrong address.
A spokesman said: “It looks like somewhere along the line a few envelopes were addressed wrongly.
“We apologise to anyone in Norwich who has received Green Party leaflets that feature a candidate from another area and we hope to get the right leaflets to those households as soon as possible.”
PS: The answer is approximately 145 miles.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
I wonder if sending out these leaflets is worthwhile anyway. I only read, if I can be bothered stuff from the party I intend to vote for, the rest goes straight in the bin. I wouldn't care if I didn't get any leaflets, the party I choose would still get my vote. A leaflet from UKIP for example or the BNP wouldn't persuede me to ditch my brain cells and vote for them.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Re: Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
Its worthwhile to me £100 for a couple of hours extra work 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
What, reading for our Surrey friend here? A couple of hours,are you a slow reader,or does he like his money's worth?glenfiddich wrote:Its worthwhile to me £100 for a couple of hours extra work
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Election leaflets delivered to wrong area
Until the next pay deal, then per item payments will be stopped like they were five years earlier for Door To Doors.glenfiddich wrote:Its worthwhile to me £100 for a couple of hours extra work