ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Are managers getting worse?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Are managers getting worse?

Post by spiderj »

POSTMAN wrote:Bump: You dirty fukw#nk retards!
:thumbup
I won
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Are managers getting worse?

Post by GT85 »

We had a new manager appear today so when I went to book my excess from yesterday he wanted to know why I had gone over by 1.5 hours. He wasn't really interested in the fact that we got hit on oversize, had 7 full packet bags and 12 specials between us plus my buddy had never done that walk before.

He was trying to suggest that we were not working efficiently enough :mad
I don't mind going over but I'll just start cutting off if that's his attitude, and they wonder why people are less willing to help out.

Edit: Turns out he was a one day wonder :wave good luck to who ever gets him next though.
We're all here because we're not all there
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32811
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Are managers getting worse?

Post by POSTMAN »

Really!?
One of our colleagues (from CWU FB) had a rta on the way to work,stage 1 given (or what ever it's called now) screw said she could of walked to work,15 miles...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Coatsy79
Posts: 7
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 20:11
Gender: Male

Re: Are managers getting worse?

Post by Coatsy79 »

I've always said if you treat staff (in any business) fairly and with respect then you get that in return

Happy work forces are more willing to help out a fair manager

Trouble is RM seems to want to get rid of the fair mangers as they're unwilling to tow the new company line

16 years in now, knackered back, knackered knees, knackered feet, companies attitude "PERHAPS THIS ISNT THE JOB FOR YOU"

I've always felt Royal Mails approach to its staffs well being is bottom of the barrel considering we're out in all weathers/conditions and more susceptible to tweaks and injuries and sickness

That said, in the words of my wife, "even if your boss isn't great, imagine having to spend 8 hours a day in a job with said manager"

At least we only have to put up with it while we're in the office for the most part