ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Election Fuss

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Election Fuss

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

masterblaster wrote:
PHARRY wrote:Can you refuse to deliver labour leaflets ?
Can I refuse to deliver the Horse and Hound magazine?

No because there is no mechanism or agreement to allow you to do so, unlike with Election material. :roll: :roll:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Election Fuss

Post by fishtank »

You can under certain circumstances make a request not to deliver any election material as it generally requires a level of overtime that you would be within your rights to refuse. It's a grey area really. If you planned to go down this route I would suggest taking a rep with you and perhaps some evidence of childcare commitments. It's been done but it can't be on a do as you please basis, It's either all or none.

This is obviously seperate from the "conscience clause" and would be more like a family friendly request.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share