http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Postman- ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
POSTMAN Chris Kitchen is used to delivering packages of all shapes and sizes.
But he had a surprise delivery of his own this week when he got home from work to discover a cockerel named Humphrey had set up home in his back garden in Meadowcroft Road, Driffield.
"I had gone to let the dog out in the back garden when I noticed the cockerel," Mr Kitchen said.
"I went to investigate and noticed straw bales and a big chicken shed.
"Then I found a cereal container with food in it labelled Humphrey.
"I was just scratching my head, I didn't know what to do."
Mr Kitchen phoned his fiancé Sam and his other friends to see if he had fallen foul of a prank, but none of them knew anything about Humphrey.
The 33-year-old then discovered a note in the rooster's pen from his "owners", named Andy and Sarah, thanking him for looking after the cockerel.
"I am just baffled by it all," Mr Kitchen said.
"In the letter, they tell me they will be back off their holidays next Friday to pick Humphrey up, so we will just have to see what happens.
"I put an appeal on Facebook and you think someone would know an Andy and Sarah who own a cockerel called Humphrey but no one has come forward."
Humphrey, who has his own Facebook page Humphrey Cockerel, is now being cared for by a friend of Mr Kitchen's, Annette Guy.
Mrs Guy used to keep bantam chickens and is making sure Humphrey is cared for until his owners return.
"He was up at 5.30am waking everyone up," she said.
"He is a right character and you can tell that he has been looked after by whoever does own him."
Letter from owners
THE letter Mr Kitchen received:
"Thanks again for looking after Humphrey. We have left him in the garden as discussed.
"He will need one cup of feed per day and water. I think we covered everything else last week. We arrive home on the 24th, so we will come and pick up Humphrey that afternoon.
"Any problems, just call us.
Thanks again. Andy and Sarah."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postman's bizarre surprise package: Humphrey the cockerel!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postman's bizarre surprise package: Humphrey the cockerel!
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.