ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bustedflush wrote:What's wrong with the Welsh shirt?? Would you say that if the chap had a Pakistani cricket top on? Only ribbing, I don't take false umbrage at the slightest little thing... :cool
Its because he's Irish. :nana :nana
bustedflush wrote:Back to the original subject, I applaud the customers whomever they were that stood up to this discrimination.
As do I, I try to stand up to all forms of discrimination, having suffered it myself when abroad.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Post by aiden01 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bustedflush wrote:What's wrong with the Welsh shirt?? Would you say that if the chap had a Pakistani cricket top on? Only ribbing, I don't take false umbrage at the slightest little thing... :cool
Its because he's Irish. :nana :nana
bustedflush wrote:Back to the original subject, I applaud the customers whomever they were that stood up to this discrimination.
As do I, I try to stand up to all forms of discrimination, having suffered it myself when abroad.
and we irish love to laugh try being discriminated for being :hmmmm irish
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hence the apology that it was a welsh shirt and not an irish one.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:After a cursory search about your claim that some cultures and religions see dogs as being unclean, that is indeed the case in Judaism and Christianity (Leviticus 11:27) and yes Islam but not all islam. For Sunnis Dogs that Guard (such as a guide dog ?) are not considered unclean. In fact there is one Hadith apparently that tells how the Prophet himself had prayed in the presence of his playfully cavorting dogs. In Surah Kahf, mention is made of the companions of the Cave and their dog. (S18: 18-22) So I guess that this "Asian" was Christian, Jewish, or Islamic but not a Sunni. :hmmmm.

Another search for the shiite view and it appears that they don't think dogs are unclean (rajis or are Haraam) like pigs , but just that they are (najis) if they come into contact with the dogs saliva then they need to wash the area 7 times before praying, once with dust.
TBT,
Don't get us started on Leviticus :arrrghhh
- There's Uncleanliness and its treatment (11:1–15:33)
A. Unclean animals (ch. 11) :sad:
B. Uncleanliness caused by childbirth (ch. 12)
C. Unclean diseases (ch. 13)
D. Cleansing of diseases (ch. 14)
E. Unclean discharges (ch. 15) :roll:
- And there's loads on Prescriptions for practical holiness (the Holiness Code, chs. 17–26)
A. Sacrifice and food (ch. 17)
B. Sexual behaviour (ch. 18) :crazy:
C. Neighbourliness (ch.19)
D. Grave crimes (ch. 20)
E. Rules for priests (ch. 21)
F. Rules for eating sacrifices (ch. 22)
G. Festivals (ch.23)
H. Rules for the tabernacle (ch. 24:1–9)
I. Blasphemy (ch. 24:10–23)
J. Sabbatical and Jubilee years (ch. 25)
K. Exhortation to obey the law: blessing and curse (ch. 26) :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Blind man refused service at post office because he took

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

my point entirely Lounge Lizard :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.