ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Higher ups need to solve problems facing posties

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Higher ups need to solve problems facing posties

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/opinio ... g_posties/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IT IS not often that one gets a response to a letter printed in the Oxford Mail so it was a pleasant surprise to find our local postman call at my home to offer his apologies for the poor service I experienced lately.

It appears that the recruitment of postmen and postwomen to serve this area is difficult.

The badly maintained roads, pathways, steps and overgrown hedges are a deterrent as it makes the work cumbersome, especially when carrying a heavy postbag.

I can appreciate his comments as many years ago I did a stint of delivery work for the Post Office during the Christmas break. I found that other than the hazards mentioned, pushing letters etc through letter boxes with strong letter plate springs were a menace. I doubt that management were aware of these obstacles when planning the rounds the postmen/women should take.

I hope that highlighting some of the problems facing the postal service that the new management will realise that, should any cutbacks be necessary, it would be at top level and not at the point of delivery.

VIM RODRIGO
Rivermead Road
Rose Hill, Oxford
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Ahebban
Posts: 695
Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
Gender: Male
Location: Left of ... Left

Re: Higher ups need to solve problems facing posties

Post by Ahebban »

Rare to see a Oxford Mail letter supporting/praising posties, lol .. Oxford Mail notoriously anti-postman and anti-CWU.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain