ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag prep.
-
P739
- Posts: 277
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 13:48
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
Worked with a guy that would not double up or treble packets for the same door never mind mark it on a letter..Spoke to him about it he told me I was to fussy..So that will be that then 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
I don't put them in any order, but I do write the numbers on the upward facing edge to make them easier to spot.Dozen wrote:Not putting the packets in the bag in any logical sequence, i.e. just throwing them in the bag in any random order. It only takes a few seconds to sequence them into the bag, that way when you get a packet you know it will likely be the first one at the front.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
A4 windowed envelopes!!! Usually the envelope is often larger than the letter inside - need I say more? I do not have excess finger nails...
This applies to almost all my partners (I am a reserve) and working with part-timers that have had their frames thrown out for them.
This applies to almost all my partners (I am a reserve) and working with part-timers that have had their frames thrown out for them.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
With thousands of Posties no two are going to do a duty the same way. I laugh when the P&L partner comes over and starts the old, "Well what we normally do is this and that......."
I normally reply, "This duty isn't on my regular duty rota, I'm only doing it because the DOM can't organise a Bun Fight in a Bakers Shop, consider yourself lucky someone's taking out half of it. IF the Duty runs as per the Frame and IF your Frames are up to date (and in sequence) then you're going to get your Bags and Bundles in the right order. IF not then SORT YOUR FRAMES OUT"!
That normally starts the day off on the right footing! And don't even mention colour co-ordinated labels on bags for the Driver and Passenger (and different parts of the Duty).
What's wrong with good old Driver Bag 1, Passenger Bag 1? KISS Keep It Simple Stupid. 
That normally starts the day off on the right footing! And don't even mention colour co-ordinated labels on bags for the Driver and Passenger (and different parts of the Duty).
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
Not if your partner is slower than you at bundling up.eastie wrote:easy, bundle your own mail then you can cut off more
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
my partner and I pack our own bags, we tie up our walks then leave the loops on the frame for eachother. Anyone else I work with I tell them to do the same.
I have to have all my bundles and packets in proper order inside the bags, the bags in order in the van and all the van packets in order too. I can't stand it when people arent organised.
I have to have all my bundles and packets in proper order inside the bags, the bags in order in the van and all the van packets in order too. I can't stand it when people arent organised.
-
claretandblue
- Posts: 914
- Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
same here, bundle 3 loops on first walk, then 3 loops on second walk, that way I decide what goes in a bundle and how big they are.OnAFlyer wrote:my partner and I pack our own bags, we tie up our walks then leave the loops on the frame for eachother. Anyone else I work with I tell them to do the same.
I have to have all my bundles and packets in proper order inside the bags, the bags in order in the van and all the van packets in order too. I can't stand it when people arent organised.
-
rusty nails
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
The partner that insists on doing all the smaller loops, as it is "their" loop...without doing any packets whilst waiting. Just sat in the van. Warm. With the radio on. Moaning how long i take. Then after all gets you to do their loop while they do packets. We all know someone like this...if you don't...your a lucky person :)
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
Bags in order is fine but being anal about it is so unnnecessary... My bags are clearly numbered with blue crayon and even if they are not in perfect sequential order, they can easily be extracted.claretandblue wrote:same here, bundle 3 loops on first walk, then 3 loops on second walk, that way I decide what goes in a bundle and how big they are.OnAFlyer wrote:my partner and I pack our own bags, we tie up our walks then leave the loops on the frame for eachother. Anyone else I work with I tell them to do the same.
I have to have all my bundles and packets in proper order inside the bags, the bags in order in the van and all the van packets in order too. I can't stand it when people arent organised.
What is more important for me is that the van space is shared vertically - one postie take the left and the order the right; and bigger parcels are placed approximately on the corresponding bags...
I worked with a postie/walkholder recently (and some others do it too) who had all his bags (and all parcels) in front part of the van and mine had to go through the side door of the van - despite the fact that it became a bit of a squeeze to get 8 bags in order that way.
He also put all the big parcels near the van door and also 2 boxes of mail for firms on top of bags... During the lapsing, we swapped driving because the lapse is not looped - as soon as I opened the back of the van; the 2 boxes fell out of the van - unto a wet floor, and most of the big parcels had migrated to the back of the van and all over the shop...
He had been working like this with his partner for at least 2 years - sometimes, you just have to sigh and make some sort of sarcastic comment just to stay sane and not to upset...
-
stan_lers
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
My partner turns the last letter for the previous address, if the house that has a packet has no mail. ie packet for 21, he'll turn the last letter for 19. So I flick through 19, come to a turned letter which I assume is the next drop, post them through, then turn the letter to realise it's another for 19.
Worse is when there's no letter turned at all. 19 and 23 could both have mail, but the packet is for 21 so nothing gets turned. I mentioned both these but he says to just look at the packets to see where they're for beforehand.
Worse is when there's no letter turned at all. 19 and 23 could both have mail, but the packet is for 21 so nothing gets turned. I mentioned both these but he says to just look at the packets to see where they're for beforehand.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
You are all lucky! My partner turns round the wrong letter, turns round the right letter but puts it back in the wrong place, turns round random letters, or doesn't turn round any letters at all. He puts packets in the wrong bag, doesn't band small ones together, squashes packets into bags, often the wrong one, has no idea how to do a neat bundle, doesn't help, sits in the van, drops bands, walks over gardens, doesn't shut gates, loses his key/PDA, nearly crashes every day, mumbles, asks where a house is after going to it every day for six months, is surly, slow, taps lightly on doors, barely speaks to customers and mis-delivers every day. He can't think for himself, it's just mind bogglingly frustrating.
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
Sounds like a future manager in the making.NewPostieUK wrote:You are all lucky! My partner turns round the wrong letter, turns round the right letter but puts it back in the wrong place, turns round random letters, or doesn't turn round any letters at all. He puts packets in the wrong bag, doesn't band small ones together, squashes packets into bags, often the wrong one, has no idea how to do a neat bundle, doesn't help, sits in the van, drops bands, walks over gardens, doesn't shut gates, loses his key/PDA, nearly crashes every day, mumbles, asks where a house is after going to it every day for six months, is surly, slow, taps lightly on doors, barely speaks to customers and mis-delivers every day. He can't think for himself, it's just mind bogglingly frustrating.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
Partner crimes against humanity:
Unresolved BO issues, unpleasant in van.
Eating while driving.
Dirty van, so filthy that if you put hot water in the console trays you could make soup.
Putting that f*cking awful repetitive Heart/Ed Sheeran FM on the radio.
NOT putting flat thin packets in the bundles.
NOT writing house number on turned letter. (MY solution if no mail is this: say you have a packet for 20 and no letter, but a letter for 19, I write '19' in brackets on back of letter and '20' next to it. This signifies turned letter is for 19 but packet for 20.)
NOT putting largest flat/letter at back of mail for that particular address. If D2D they should always go at back.
ALWAYS on their bloody mobile phone in your presence.

Unresolved BO issues, unpleasant in van.
Eating while driving.
Dirty van, so filthy that if you put hot water in the console trays you could make soup.
Putting that f*cking awful repetitive Heart/Ed Sheeran FM on the radio.
NOT putting flat thin packets in the bundles.
NOT writing house number on turned letter. (MY solution if no mail is this: say you have a packet for 20 and no letter, but a letter for 19, I write '19' in brackets on back of letter and '20' next to it. This signifies turned letter is for 19 but packet for 20.)
NOT putting largest flat/letter at back of mail for that particular address. If D2D they should always go at back.
ALWAYS on their bloody mobile phone in your presence.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
I often work with a guy who packs his bundles lengthways in the bags facing the other way. Which means I am always spending a good few minutes trying to find the first bundle in the bag, especially if he has overpacked the bag. Usually, if I get time I will rearrange the following bags to suit...
Another guy often puts in blank P739s to signify packets to be delivered. Not good practice if you by chance happen to deliver the P739 by mistake!!
Another one must have shoulders like a giraffe because the straps on the bag are huge!!
One of my colleagues often leaves goodie wrappers, empty bottles and dried up banana skins in the passenger door. Yuck!!
And another guy I absolutely hate working with - he has absolutely the worst BO ever!!
Has he ever heard of Lynx Africa??
Another guy often puts in blank P739s to signify packets to be delivered. Not good practice if you by chance happen to deliver the P739 by mistake!!
Another one must have shoulders like a giraffe because the straps on the bag are huge!!
One of my colleagues often leaves goodie wrappers, empty bottles and dried up banana skins in the passenger door. Yuck!!
And another guy I absolutely hate working with - he has absolutely the worst BO ever!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Things that annoy you about your partners delivery bag p
I find that annoying! If they packets are too big to band together, at least write "x2" on the turned letter. Especially if the packets aren;t put next to each other in the bag, such as 1 in the front, and one at the back... Nothing worse than having to go back with a packet you missed.P739 wrote:Worked with a guy that would not double up or treble packets for the same door never mind mark it on a letter..Spoke to him about it he told me I was to fussy..So that will be that then