I doubt there are many who have experienced the joys of a daily battle over cutting off part of their delivery who would do it for fun. Again though it's an unlikely scenario with P&L.motherhubbard wrote: Though as everyone else is ...
What if they do the 4 1/2 hours on delivery but still leave 1 1/2 hours work?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best day at Royal mail.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Having performance standards is one thing, managing performance is another, It's unlikely that any standards introduced would be that taxing, It would be counterproductive to set the bar too high and have half the office below standard so it really comes down to exactly the same situation we have now...can managers manage performance?motherhubbard wrote:The point was the business currently has no performance standards. That situation is unlikely to continue.
In my experience no because they allow other issues to interfere with their judgement, Fish is a lazy arse but he helps us out by working his day off, Teebs is a lazy arse but he's a good mate of the Dom, Mother does collections for us....and everybody is s**t scared of Susan..by the time they get a nice juicy target in their sight who they don't like and who does them no favours they can't touch him because everybody in the office knows there are 10 guys lazier than him who haven't been touched.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Why getting cross? You are getting a little confused here... Blue shirt is mainly about delivery (some topics do cross over but not many). MC, Parcel Force, MDEC and Logistics have their own sections. If you want to have a go at other aspects of RM, then go for it...motherhubbard wrote:It is called Blue Shirts.chrisj wrote:So it is not specifically about delivery, well this particular part of RMC is about delivery
Blue shirts do delivery .....and prep and IPS and portering and redirections and many other things.
Who put you in charge?
You can just come out with some really good examples or anecdotes instead of saying that your assertion is not just about delivery...
Where is this 4 1/2 hours and another extra 1 1/2 hours coming from. Most deliveries are just about 4 1/2 hours right at the top end; and almost all able-bodied delivery posties will complete their delivery round job within that time; because the actual average delivery time is less than 4.5 hours (volumes are actually dropping - so rushing around is not going to help in some offices because managers just see time people are finishing not the time they come in or how hard/efficient an individual postie is working).
For anyone to be out on delivery for 4 1/2 hours and still have 1 1/2 hours left is pure fantasy.
What are you talking about really?
Last edited by chrisj on 01 Apr 2015, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
We have people in our office that can get any duty done in 4hr 30 mins for the simple reason they come in 1hr 30 mins early,leave without getting their last mail out of the i.p fittings,get out before the school rush,don't take any breaks,don't use the correct equipment,don't do D2D's,bring awkward mail back (the one's with long drives) misdeliver and doorstep parcels,one of the favourite tricks of our DOM's is to put 2 runners on your walk and pay them 8 hrs to do it,when the walk is normally done by 1 fulltimer and 1 part timer,I think the runners and brown nosers thing it's a sign of manhood to get a walk done early,rather like a fat bald middle aged man buy's a sports car,both of them don't realise the whole world laughs at them,not with them.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
A lot of the troubles at our place is caused by the fact that BSI is set at 100,whereas we should be out starting our delivery at just gone 0900 we are not getting out till 0930 and despite the managers physically coming out on delivery and timing us at 5hr 15 mins in Feb,and having been spot checked 5 or 6 times they won't accept that the deliveries are way too big,today for instance we had 30 yes 30 big packets to deliver thats not ones that fit in the trolley that's extra,so there's 1hr 30 mins work alone,
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Which is my "bla bla bla" finished with...motherhubbard wrote:Blah Blah Blah.IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Is that OPGs claiming a walk takes 1 1/2 hours less to deliver due to...motherhubbard wrote:And there is the anomaly.fishtank wrote:The business has a right to expect 8 hrs work for 8 hrs paymasterblaster wrote: What I find now is we all all being punished for the excessive overtime folk book when taking 6 hours to do a 4 1/2 hour delivery.
The business expect 8 hours work for 8 hours pay but currently can do nothing about those that take 6 hours to do 4 1/2 hours work.
I didn't stipulate delivery.
Sometimes people take a lot longer to do the same work as someone else because they are lazy and know they can get away with it.
I wonder if you would be so understanding If you were a p/t who arrived to find the duty that should be fully prepped for you, only half complete?
"Doing all the above "wrong" could easily save you 90 minutes and make a walk look achievable when it blatantly is not, before we even talk about how indoor work 318s are being ignored."
If I need to be leaving the depot at 1000 having taken 20mins indoor meal relief, when my duty takes 2 hours to fully prepare and your duty that I'm "double prepping" takes 2 hours to prepare, but I start work at 0700...
What do you think the lino is going to do when I say I when I feel I have no chance of doing everything by my contract finish time and I do not want to go over?
Ask me to fully prepare your round knowing I will cut off my own to finish on time?
Or instruct me to sacrifice your round prep so I complete mine, in the the presumption that insufficient contract hours PTer will be desperate for the overtime required (and maybe the fear of losing job if you stand up for your rights of finishing at your contract hours)?
In my experience, there are major issues both indoor and outdoor in terms of realistic workloads for the hours worked, the question is how do you play the unworkable system.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Hear hear
Exactly what happened with me until I said enough
Big target on my back but I just don't care now
Work to time and by the rules
Had a lovely coffee and a choccy bar half way through today-with oh assist approval
Dom falsifying fact finding,accident reports not done properly,basically insisted I'm a liar.
Felt great today for the first time in a while, my health is not great,probably looking at ihr unless they can sack me first.
But I'll retrain,move on,adjust....and look myself in the mirror.
What will you do DOM??
What will you do LIENO
What will you do brown nose?
Youll still be there hanging on in fear.
Treat your staff with contempt and that's what you'll get back in spades.

Exactly what happened with me until I said enough
Big target on my back but I just don't care now
Work to time and by the rules
Had a lovely coffee and a choccy bar half way through today-with oh assist approval
Dom falsifying fact finding,accident reports not done properly,basically insisted I'm a liar.
Felt great today for the first time in a while, my health is not great,probably looking at ihr unless they can sack me first.
But I'll retrain,move on,adjust....and look myself in the mirror.
What will you do DOM??
What will you do LIENO
What will you do brown nose?
Youll still be there hanging on in fear.
Treat your staff with contempt and that's what you'll get back in spades.
I won
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Nice one spiderj.spiderj wrote:Hear hear
Exactly what happened with me until I said enough
Big target on my back but I just don't care now
Work to time and by the rules
Had a lovely coffee and a choccy bar half way through today-with oh assist approval
Dom falsifying fact finding,accident reports not done properly,basically insisted I'm a liar.
Felt great today for the first time in a while, my health is not great,probably looking at ihr unless they can sack me first.
But I'll retrain,move on,adjust....and look myself in the mirror.
What will you do DOM??
What will you do LIENO
What will you do brown nose?
Youll still be there hanging on in fear.
Treat your staff with contempt and that's what you'll get back in spades.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
professorchaos29
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 27 Jun 2014, 23:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Best day at Royal mail.
Excellent attitude spiderj. ;)