2pints wrote:Let's be real here folks,we are delivering letters and getting well paid to do it.There are far worse jobs out there for alot less money.If you hate th ejob so much then find aother,i am sure you will soon realise how good this job is after a short while.Many of the complainers seem to be the people that have done the job for alot of years and remember the "good old days",most who have worked other jobs in recent years actualy realise how well paid and stress free this job is.
There are some valid complaints obviously but i see people getting worked up over nothing most days,just work your time and do it all with a smile
So very true. I have been doing the job 6 months and yes I have sore feet but it's a cracking job if you learn to ignore the politics at all levels. Other than that best job i have done by some margin and I'm over 50. Stick with it.
Six whole months, eh?
Wait a while. Watch those niggling little injuries build up into something more sinister and permanent.
20 years as a Royal Marine fighting in the Falklands Afghanistan and Iraq, gives me the right after walking far further with a whole lot more weight. It's a cushy job and that's the reason people stay for years.
I've got CSE's and O levels.....oh wait that is also pointless when talking about the job as postie, but I bet I have a better car.
I am a reserve.Just transfered to another office that seems to lie to send me to other offices that are miles away but i simply said i will not take my car that soon stopped them.One thing i do not do is get stressed about it.The job is stress free if you just ignore the bs and work your time.The job is physically demanding at times but is certainly not hard work and is well paid for what it is.I worked my little white ass off in a warehouse stacking heavy boxes for 9 hours at a time on a minimum wage with unpaid breaks,no perks or benifits or union rep to cry to.
I suppose it is all relative and we all have our ways of dealing with things,some have a hissy fit,spit the dummy out when they cannot have their own way etc.
2pints wrote:Let's be real here folks,we are delivering letters and getting well paid to do it.There are far worse jobs out there for alot less money.If you hate th ejob so much then find aother,i am sure you will soon realise how good this job is after a short while.Many of the complainers seem to be the people that have done the job for alot of years and remember the "good old days",most who have worked other jobs in recent years actualy realise how well paid and stress free this job is.
There are some valid complaints obviously but i see people getting worked up over nothing most days,just work your time and do it all with a smile
So very true. I have been doing the job 6 months and yes I have sore feet but it's a cracking job if you learn to ignore the politics at all levels. Other than that best job i have done by some margin and I'm over 50. Stick with it.
Six whole months, eh?
Wait a while. Watch those niggling little injuries build up into something more sinister and permanent.
20 years as a Royal Marine fighting in the Falklands Afghanistan and Iraq, gives me the right after walking far further with
a whole lot more weight. It's a cushy job and that's the reason people stay for years.
Would eat me postbag if you reallly got any O levels lol!
I've got CSE's and O levels.....oh wait that is also pointless when talking about the job as postie, but I bet I have a better car.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
We all know a Royal Marine can't do our job,it was on the tele and everything.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
2pints wrote:Let's be real here folks,we are delivering letters and getting well paid to do it.There are far worse jobs out there for alot less money.If you hate th ejob so much then find aother,i am sure you will soon realise how good this job is after a short while.Many of the complainers seem to be the people that have done the job for alot of years and remember the "good old days",most who have worked other jobs in recent years actualy realise how well paid and stress free this job is.
There are some valid complaints obviously but i see people getting worked up over nothing most days,just work your time and do it all with a smile
So very true. I have been doing the job 6 months and yes I have sore feet but it's a cracking job if you learn to ignore the politics at all levels. Other than that best job i have done by some margin and I'm over 50. Stick with it.
Six whole months, eh?
Wait a while. Watch those niggling little injuries build up into something more sinister and permanent.
20 years as a Royal Marine fighting in the Falklands Afghanistan and Iraq, gives me the right after walking far further with a whole lot more weight. It's a cushy job and that's the reason people stay for years.
I stand corrected, you're obviously some sort of internet ironman and I don't expect to see you complain about the physical demands of this job. Ever.
Was working with a bloke other day who used trolley on every loop,even if it was just a small bundle and a packet.He said "why should i brake my back for royal mail?" So if you are so concerned about your body falling apart then that is alwys an option,takes all the weight from your joints/back,although dragging them up steep hills is not ideal.
I started just over two years ago, round was always too big then they threw it into a hybrid so I worked 10-6 with a 2 hour collection. Worked my bollux of to only be suspended 6 weeks ago facing a disciplinary next week for something I haven't done and can't prove. The 'management' are going on reasonable doubt to try sack me
2pints wrote:Was working with a bloke other day who used trolley on every loop,even if it was just a small bundle and a packet.He said "why should i brake my back for royal mail?" So if you are so concerned about your body falling apart then that is alwys an option,takes all the weight from your joints/back,although dragging them up steep hills is not ideal.
I've yet to come across a small bag with one packet on a loop. Where do you work? I'll relocate if I have to! Lol
What a ridiculously trite and smug response. So, you get a crap food at a restaurant and you just 'leave'? Same if you get a dodgy pint in a pub? Just 'leaving' never achieved anything. Those who stayed and then protested and fought their corner changed things.
'Stress-free easy job?
Try being a recently recruited reserve then.
No, not at all. I get crap food at a restaurant and stay, eat it, moan a bucket load about it to my mates and then keep going back for more.
2pints wrote:Let's be real here folks,we are delivering letters and getting well paid to do it.There are far worse jobs out there for alot less money.If you hate th ejob so much then find aother,i am sure you will soon realise how good this job is after a short while.Many of the complainers seem to be the people that have done the job for alot of years and remember the "good old days",most who have worked other jobs in recent years actualy realise how well paid and stress free this job is.
There are some valid complaints obviously but i see people getting worked up over nothing most days,just work your time and do it all with a smile
DirtyHarry wrote:This is such a s**t job now. The walks are far too big. Our health is suffering as a result. Is there nobody that can help us? Management are made up mainly of people I'm pretty sure would be diagnosed as being psychopathic by a qualified doctor.
leave then
Hang on a second didn't you post this in another thread....
Re: Full of selfish people
Postby edbling » 11 Aug 2014, 18:12
i'm finally out. 20 years service. Gone on to pastures new. No more bullying from managers punishing people who are good at their jobs. Good luck to you all!
Maybe if you stood up to the managers and had taken more time to listen to your fellow colleagues problems and try to change them from the inside the job may be just that little bit better. I have left as I can afford to not everyone is in that position. But hey if you didn't want to make a difference best that you did leave.
What a load of ball locks, I never once said it was a shetty job like everyone else. Get real with the change the job from the inside statement.