ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
so sad im leaving on ihr
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Best thing I ever done was taking IHR . Been out 2 years and loving it .
-
Nondescript
- Posts: 232
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
What job are you doing now calpsy?
-
daveallum
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 175
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 17:42
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Been gone now 2.5 years and don't miss the job at all.I'm very happy to be a house husband as my wife is a nurse and does horrible shifts but it does mean that when something comes along that we both enjoy I don't have to worry about pleading for a day off.calpsy wrote:Best thing I ever done was taking IHR . Been out 2 years and loving it .
Good luck to all you posties who are still working for RM.
-
paulthepostie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
It's such a shame to read these comments and to hear how people are suffering. I am in the same boat and have been to various physio, consultant and hospital appointments. Things are not improving for me and i could be looking at going in the near future as i am struggling to do the job now.
I had ten years without any problems. Once theses revisions were brought in after a year i noticed my problems in my foot.
I was wondering if this a country wide problem or just our office, as we have so many people on rehab and with problems it's ridiculous!. I really hope for a better future in Royal Mail and hope for these issues to be addressed for all of our sakes, but i don't hold up much hope unfortunately.
As the guy said above, popping pills permanently and masking your problems is not the answer either.
I had ten years without any problems. Once theses revisions were brought in after a year i noticed my problems in my foot.
I was wondering if this a country wide problem or just our office, as we have so many people on rehab and with problems it's ridiculous!. I really hope for a better future in Royal Mail and hope for these issues to be addressed for all of our sakes, but i don't hold up much hope unfortunately.
As the guy said above, popping pills permanently and masking your problems is not the answer either.
Last edited by paulthepostie on 19 Mar 2015, 10:41, edited 1 time in total.
-
Bigdaddy13
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 18:28
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
I was offered IHR yesterday, only 30 been in the job 8 years and have just had my second hip op! not exactly how I imaginged things would turn out but what do you expect with the work load we get! But a quick question to anyone who recieved IHR how long did the process take and what happend to the shares we got?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Bigdaddy13 wrote:what happend to the shares we got?
You keep them or sell them, as a good leaver (redundancy/retirement) you won't lose them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Mine went on since June last year I went sick for 2 weeks came back but couldn't stick to the rehab plan so went sick again and was off for about 4 months since then I have had 4 rehab plans all failed I went on the functional restoration programme but that didn't help. I was asked to give permission for oh assist to get my medical records in January it took 4 weeks for that to happen I then had a call 2 weeks ago to book a appointment with the oh assist dr which happened on Wednesday last week and I had a meeting with my dom on Friday last week about it and he offered a adjusted duty which I couldn't do due to collecting children from school he then sent out a request to other offices but they had nothing for me so I had the final meeting yesterday with the dom who gave me ihr settlement offer and i signed it today and gave it in. My last day is going to be 28.3.15 but I do have 6 days leave owing so I may be going sooner. I myself am only 34 and im in a situation that even the physio has said that there is no quick fix and it may not improve. I only did the job for 3 years but since the revision last year and being stuck with a hct round in a town that is mainly on hills my knee just couldn't cope.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
I also retired on IH grounds. It took a long time to finally admit that I just couldn't do the physical aspect of the job.
It was the right decision. I'm still in lots of pain but I don't have the stress of all the bureaucratic decisions at RM.
Don't get me wrong I loved being a postman but it was starting to become an unpleasant job and I do value job satisfaction.
It was the right decision. I'm still in lots of pain but I don't have the stress of all the bureaucratic decisions at RM.
Don't get me wrong I loved being a postman but it was starting to become an unpleasant job and I do value job satisfaction.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
It would be interesting to see the stats for ihr nationwide over the past decade and what sort on injuries.
-
Postal Postie II
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 19 Apr 2012, 16:19
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Mine was a car crash on my way to work. Not caused by the job.
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Have I read this right ?kirstyx wrote:Mine went on since June last year I went sick for 2 weeks came back but couldn't stick to the rehab plan so went sick again and was off for about 4 months since then I have had 4 rehab plans all failed I went on the functional restoration programme but that didn't help. I was asked to give permission for oh assist to get my medical records in January it took 4 weeks for that to happen I then had a call 2 weeks ago to book a appointment with the oh assist dr which happened on Wednesday last week and I had a meeting with my dom on Friday last week about it and he offered a adjusted duty which I couldn't do due to collecting children from school he then sent out a request to other offices but they had nothing for me so I had the final meeting yesterday with the dom who gave me ihr settlement offer and i signed it today and gave it in. My last day is going to be 28.3.15 but I do have 6 days leave owing so I may be going sooner. I myself am only 34 and im in a situation that even the physio has said that there is no quick fix and it may not improve. I only did the job for 3 years but since the revision last year and being stuck with a hct round in a town that is mainly on hills my knee just couldn't cope.
You were given a high capacity trolley for " a hilly duty " ?
Depending on the gradients this duty possibly should have been a P & L duty.
All gradients should have been dealt with in road networking maintenance within the A-plus tool. This would determine whether the duty was viable using a HCT. I would suggest speaking to your A-plus champion or if possible the planner who worked on your revision to determine whether the correct delivery office method was applied.
If it wasn't there may be a better resolution than IHR.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Full time foster carer . Wifes been doing it for 14 odd years now so decided to help her out . Life is goodNondescript wrote:What job are you doing now calpsy?
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: so sad im leaving on ihr
Good luck Kirstyx, hope things improve for you when you are out.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE