Sorry take it or go down conduct code. That's bollocks with all due respect there is no national agreement on any prep rate except the 1 minute prep test and there is nothing in the near future which is due to change that even a new version of the IWT.
If people are being pulled in for not meeting an unagreed prep rate then the rep should be putting in disagreements left right and centre about it.[/quote]
I'm not entirely sure but I thought that there are agreed IPS and PREP rates fully agreed with the union. I'll ask this in Union Room
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
getting moaned at by DOM for not taking lapsing
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
-
Spy
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 17:57
- Gender: Male
Re: getting moaned at by DOM for not taking lapsing
Lapsing was created so posties could do extra work when mail volumes are down. IE; Tuesdays.
Lapsing should not be agreed under any other circumstances.
However, if you finish early then management can ask you to go back out on delivery to do any uncovered work.
The agenda for growth clearly stipulates : FULLY UTILISE ALL PAID HOURS.
This is the only thing that is fair in Royal Mail.
Everybody should be working their full quota of hours regardless of age, speed or anything else.
39 hours per week. I work no more or no less. The sooner everyone does it, the better.
Lapsing should not be agreed under any other circumstances.
However, if you finish early then management can ask you to go back out on delivery to do any uncovered work.
The agenda for growth clearly stipulates : FULLY UTILISE ALL PAID HOURS.
This is the only thing that is fair in Royal Mail.
Everybody should be working their full quota of hours regardless of age, speed or anything else.
39 hours per week. I work no more or no less. The sooner everyone does it, the better.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: getting moaned at by DOM for not taking lapsing
There is only a 1 minute prep test on any empty frame agreed, nothing elseSpy wrote: I'm not entirely sure but I thought that there are agreed IPS and PREP rates fully agreed with the union. I'll ask this in Union Room
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: getting moaned at by DOM for not taking lapsing
I don't mind working ALL my paid hours......I'd quite like to work just my paid hours. If your problem is finishing early and being asked to do some more work then that's one problem, which I think you're going to find it hard to fight.
I believe the majority of Posties are not happy with being expected to work beyond those paid hours, on a daily basis, by incompetent managers. I know what we should be doing, informing DOM you are unable to complete in your contracted hours , asking him what he wants to do about it etc, but it's that constant grind day after day that winds people up!
With the latest diktat coming down from on high ref "Flexing" and NO Pressure Overtime Mons & Tues it's even more of a wind up. As we've discussed before it's difficult putting your head above the parapet and making a stand on "Working Properly" when the majority of the Office are up to all the usual antics.
Had a chat about Overtime owed from last week with Lino..... So I'm looking forward to getting a different sort of Pressure next week when I tell him I'll be finishing on time, I won't be "Cutting Off" but will have to ask him what he wants to do about it? Fat chance of getting a sensible answer!
I believe the majority of Posties are not happy with being expected to work beyond those paid hours, on a daily basis, by incompetent managers. I know what we should be doing, informing DOM you are unable to complete in your contracted hours , asking him what he wants to do about it etc, but it's that constant grind day after day that winds people up!
With the latest diktat coming down from on high ref "Flexing" and NO Pressure Overtime Mons & Tues it's even more of a wind up. As we've discussed before it's difficult putting your head above the parapet and making a stand on "Working Properly" when the majority of the Office are up to all the usual antics.
Had a chat about Overtime owed from last week with Lino..... So I'm looking forward to getting a different sort of Pressure next week when I tell him I'll be finishing on time, I won't be "Cutting Off" but will have to ask him what he wants to do about it? Fat chance of getting a sensible answer!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: getting moaned at by DOM for not taking lapsing
I don't like being expected to work over and I don't like the fine line of complete and cut-off. I have to collect my kids from school like many thousands of posites and it is unrealistic to expect me to judge the time I will take to complete to the nearest minute (take me 25 mins to get there). If I underestimate by 10 mins I get accused of cutting off for no reason and if I overestimate by 10 mins I get accused of cutting off for the sake of being awkward.
The result is I feel pressure every day to run and complete the delivery just to avoid the arguments and accusations.
Surely there must be some way I could return to the office and have work to do - i.e. sort tomorrows mailsort - and finish at a regular time
The result is I feel pressure every day to run and complete the delivery just to avoid the arguments and accusations.
Surely there must be some way I could return to the office and have work to do - i.e. sort tomorrows mailsort - and finish at a regular time