ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
"The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
-
Loopdeloop
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 19:08
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Plain and simply, work to rule, stick together, & put pressure on the divs who like working for free & rushing round like idiots. They will be the first to moan when there out of a job!##########jobkillers
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
fact
check all the times dingo appears on forum
when cwu need agendas and vote persuasions pushed
a preacher of propaganda for the elite that is cwu hq and their masters rm
he is an enemy of working class people
check all the times dingo appears on forum
when cwu need agendas and vote persuasions pushed
a preacher of propaganda for the elite that is cwu hq and their masters rm
he is an enemy of working class people
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
BTW, I think Pinky was being sarcastic: having a pop at 3 people at the same; in a jokey way, I think? 
Is it possible to have a 'Like' function on this forum? It will save having to comment when one entirely agrees with another poster. And we can have an idea what people (especially the lurkers) think about certain posts or topics?
Is it possible to have a 'Like' function on this forum? It will save having to comment when one entirely agrees with another poster. And we can have an idea what people (especially the lurkers) think about certain posts or topics?
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Ok lets clarify a few things shall we ?
1. When I said un-informed , I meant they don't work in London and they are relying on tittle tattle and rumour mill. The vast majority of posters on here work in one unit and have a detailing vision of what happens in their unit and may have a little detail of units close to their offices.
The reality is that no one really knows who individuals are on this site and wether they are telling the truth , spinning a line , over egging the issues or got an hidden agenda.
When it comes to London offices and the detail , I know most of the things and as I will be meeting every single unit rep in London over the next 9 days then I hope I know the vast majority of issues in London.
In fact I am doing the one thing some of you accuse the union of not doing attempting to address the issues in the workplace.
For too long a lot of rubbish has been posted about London which is not correct.
Yes it is correct we have had a lost of mail in some post codes in London due to whistl, but whistl is not in operation all over London. Yes we have the highest number of full timers 89% but it was not an office by office ratio but a national figure. Yes we have still got some outstanding revisions but only in 20 offices.
There are other issues which make London inefficient compared to other offices and that is over a quarter of London offices work from an office outside their post code area due to Royal Mail selling off high value property. We have offices who have to travel 45 mins by CDV before they get to their first point of delivery and then return to the office 45 mins more. Which means 90 mins in every duty cannot be touch and will always be in efficient.
Of course the type of mail is different to what some areas receive. London has the highest tracked , priority services and timed deliveries in the UK. Clearly it takes longer to gun in and delivery a PS item then it does a letter in some other areas.
So I do defend the members I represent when people who are not comparing like for like are criticising London postal workers.
2. No one things any less of areas of the UK for not having the same levels of full timers as elsewhere. There are reasons for that. Where i do hit back is where people who should be helping all get better conditions want those with better conditions to give up theirs. That is the race to the bottom and is not a trade union fight.
3. Chris your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I don't come on here to be popular , if I did I would have been taken away a number of years ago by the men in white coats. I come on here because very few if any senior union reps come on here and update you on issues. I have done that for a number of years. I believe that all members should have an update on issues and I have revealed things in advance of others knowing about.
1. When I said un-informed , I meant they don't work in London and they are relying on tittle tattle and rumour mill. The vast majority of posters on here work in one unit and have a detailing vision of what happens in their unit and may have a little detail of units close to their offices.
The reality is that no one really knows who individuals are on this site and wether they are telling the truth , spinning a line , over egging the issues or got an hidden agenda.
When it comes to London offices and the detail , I know most of the things and as I will be meeting every single unit rep in London over the next 9 days then I hope I know the vast majority of issues in London.
In fact I am doing the one thing some of you accuse the union of not doing attempting to address the issues in the workplace.
For too long a lot of rubbish has been posted about London which is not correct.
Yes it is correct we have had a lost of mail in some post codes in London due to whistl, but whistl is not in operation all over London. Yes we have the highest number of full timers 89% but it was not an office by office ratio but a national figure. Yes we have still got some outstanding revisions but only in 20 offices.
There are other issues which make London inefficient compared to other offices and that is over a quarter of London offices work from an office outside their post code area due to Royal Mail selling off high value property. We have offices who have to travel 45 mins by CDV before they get to their first point of delivery and then return to the office 45 mins more. Which means 90 mins in every duty cannot be touch and will always be in efficient.
Of course the type of mail is different to what some areas receive. London has the highest tracked , priority services and timed deliveries in the UK. Clearly it takes longer to gun in and delivery a PS item then it does a letter in some other areas.
So I do defend the members I represent when people who are not comparing like for like are criticising London postal workers.
2. No one things any less of areas of the UK for not having the same levels of full timers as elsewhere. There are reasons for that. Where i do hit back is where people who should be helping all get better conditions want those with better conditions to give up theirs. That is the race to the bottom and is not a trade union fight.
3. Chris your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I don't come on here to be popular , if I did I would have been taken away a number of years ago by the men in white coats. I come on here because very few if any senior union reps come on here and update you on issues. I have done that for a number of years. I believe that all members should have an update on issues and I have revealed things in advance of others knowing about.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Outstanding revisions in 20 offices? How many offices are there in London? I work in one of the top 5 biggest cities in the UK and I don't think there are even 20 offices altogether.
And surely London as a whole gets more mail than most other areas of the country, it's a densely populated area with a huge amount of businesses. That alone should increase efficiency because as you say it's all measured on items per work hour.
If Whistl are taking large amounts of work from some areas then those areas need a revision straight away, not left for however long without enough work.
And surely London as a whole gets more mail than most other areas of the country, it's a densely populated area with a huge amount of businesses. That alone should increase efficiency because as you say it's all measured on items per work hour.
If Whistl are taking large amounts of work from some areas then those areas need a revision straight away, not left for however long without enough work.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Me, sarcastic ?chrisj wrote:BTW, I think Pinky was being sarcastic: having a pop at 3 people at the same; in a jokey way, I think?
Is it possible to have a 'Like' function on this forum? It will save having to comment when one entirely agrees with another poster. And we can have an idea what people (especially the lurkers) think about certain posts or topics?
As for a 'like' option i've been wanting one of these for ages. As long as it doesn't stifle debate it's much easier than quoting someones whole post, and then just adding a thumbs up.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
I do not know what to make of this statement??? It sounds so credible and sensible but at the same it does not seem right...Where i do hit back is where people who should be helping all get better conditions want those with better conditions to give up theirs. That is the race to the bottom and is not a trade union fight.
We do not need senior CWU officials on an open forum to update and inform - we have a website and regular LTBs, missives to offices, Rep meetings and Newsletter.
So what info exactly have been provided here that could not have been obtained from anywhere else; except during the last Negotiations and Final, final Agreement? And that was pants anyway! The sheep believed the propaganda and voted accordingly but failed to see the pitfalls and the pay backs.
Moreover, we are not exactly all equals because some are more equal than others; or some have sold out or roll over easily (if you want to believe that). If London is untouchable because of many reasons, the cuts and savagery will have to come from somewhere else - and that is the unfairness people point.
Of course, Dingo is welcome to defend London - but perhaps some other less Senior Reps (even local reps) here can also chip in; on defending London and the status quo. 'It is nice to know how the neighbours live'...
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Pinky, it is the same few that really debate and discuss - that will not change. It is the lurkers that the like will be most useful for...
I totally agree about people quoting a whole post when they just want to reference a tiny bit of that post.
BTW, I am not the only one that thinks dingo bangs on about London a bit too much and spread propaganda - at least one other person agrees with me
I totally agree about people quoting a whole post when they just want to reference a tiny bit of that post.
BTW, I am not the only one that thinks dingo bangs on about London a bit too much and spread propaganda - at least one other person agrees with me
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
I think you've answered your own question therechrisj wrote: We do not need senior CWU officials on an open forum to update and inform - we have a website and regular LTBs, missives to offices, Rep meetings and Newsletter.
Of course, Dingo is welcome to defend London - but perhaps some other less Senior Reps (even local reps) here can also chip in; on defending London and the status quo. 'It is nice to know how the neighbours live'...
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
No not from dingo but from those on the shop floor - that is where the real information is; not the propaganda from their top bloke...
* I should add that there is also a CWU Facebook that is 'not as open' as it could have been (or used to be) - they now want posties CWU numbers and so on. Over there, it is people like Keith Humphries that helps ordinary posties most not the CWU hierarchy - they are simply there monitoring and trying to control free speech, and spreading propaganda, as usual.
I really do not want to know much about London and I am happy with my T&C and job where I am (see previous posts) - I was being ironic... I do not think dvbuk is also that bothered but some of us just do not want to let some bloke fill an 'open' useful forum with propaganda, misinformation, boasts, gloats and spite...
* I should add that there is also a CWU Facebook that is 'not as open' as it could have been (or used to be) - they now want posties CWU numbers and so on. Over there, it is people like Keith Humphries that helps ordinary posties most not the CWU hierarchy - they are simply there monitoring and trying to control free speech, and spreading propaganda, as usual.
I really do not want to know much about London and I am happy with my T&C and job where I am (see previous posts) - I was being ironic... I do not think dvbuk is also that bothered but some of us just do not want to let some bloke fill an 'open' useful forum with propaganda, misinformation, boasts, gloats and spite...
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Well I'm not advocating everything dingo says, but if you don't want to read anything he's got to say just hit the ignore or foe button, and you won't see it.
I hear what you're saying regarding opinions from shop floor reps, but this IS an open forum.
The more the merrier.
I hear what you're saying regarding opinions from shop floor reps, but this IS an open forum.
The more the merrier.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
Martin Walsh
- Posts: 4276
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 20:12
- Location: neverland
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Chris I have had debates with Keith on Facebook as he might know things on a legal background but he has not been involved in the application and negotiation of the agreements in the workplace.
My understanding is that it is a CWU members page and he went he took VR did not retain membership of the CWU and therefore he has been stopped.
The reality is that there are many reps in every workplace who help members on a day to day basis including fronting up to managers and just simply because you do not it on open forum does not make him any better than a rep who does it in the workplace.
In fact I have often seen things I have quoted on here reproduced on Facebook by a few including that person.
My understanding is that it is a CWU members page and he went he took VR did not retain membership of the CWU and therefore he has been stopped.
The reality is that there are many reps in every workplace who help members on a day to day basis including fronting up to managers and just simply because you do not it on open forum does not make him any better than a rep who does it in the workplace.
In fact I have often seen things I have quoted on here reproduced on Facebook by a few including that person.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
I think the bottom line is all our delivery offices are being attacked right now, the VR issue has clouded the fact that again we are being hammered by savings, again weak offices, branches and areas are taking the brunt of the attacks, ending up with the poorest deal and again it seems that the best position the union can come up with is to blame those members.
Fine, but those paying members won't be members for very long. It's a short-sighted position to take, the idea as dingo points out is to bring everybody's terms up to the level of the highest but you don't do that by allowing the employer to pick off the weakest.
Bob's original comment is just a piss poor smokescreen for a lack of organised, joined together thinking, If you want to protect something, you protect it most at it's weakest point.
Fine, but those paying members won't be members for very long. It's a short-sighted position to take, the idea as dingo points out is to bring everybody's terms up to the level of the highest but you don't do that by allowing the employer to pick off the weakest.
Bob's original comment is just a piss poor smokescreen for a lack of organised, joined together thinking, If you want to protect something, you protect it most at it's weakest point.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
Liked! (in the absence of a like button)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32815
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: "The people who rush around like there is no tomorrow...
You are really good on here,and I respect you,but you need to get out more.chrisj wrote:
* I should add that there is also a CWU Facebook that is 'not as open' as it could have been (or used to be) - they now want posties CWU numbers and so on. Over there, it is people like Keith Humphries that helps ordinary posties most not the CWU hierarchy - they are simply there monitoring and trying to control free speech, and spreading propaganda, as usual.
Did you sign the petition as well?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.