As I say we now do rota weeks, but when we did rota days, everyone was treated the same then as now. In our office reserves tend to know a number of jobs, so you just swap people as and when needed. You've always got people who want to do OT or work their day off. If they've been employed on a fixed day off, then thats a different matter, but why treat reserves different from the rest of the staff?zx135 wrote:trythat wrote:As I've said before I don't understand why reserves are not treated the same as fixed duty staff. We've always treated reserves the same, whether on rota days or as we are now on rota weeks. Why are OPG getting on to their area reps or div reps, it's no harder to manage reserves than fixed staff. Poor and lazy management, plus I don't understand why the rest of the staff are not complaining.
questions for you about this how does your office manage to get the rota day off for reserves every week?
Postie A is on annual Leave but his day off was scheduled to be Tuesday
Postie B is his Floater and due to work this duty on Tuesday and be off on Monday
Postie C is the Reserve and due to be off on Saturday by rotation
How does your office manage to give postie C his day off on the saturday and what happens on Tuesday when two people are potentially due to cover this duty
I suppose it comes down on how you train staff and what people expect, we expect people to get their due days off.
Perhaps from now on, I'll just keep out of it, and think ourselves lucky that we've managed to get people what they expect.