ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LWTs - any fans out there?
-
Eastie16
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 17 Jun 2011, 01:03
- Gender: Female
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
OK thanks for all the replies. Much more positive than I thought the responses would be. Good to hear.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
I use one and physically can't tell much difference between using them and bags on the shoulder. Few different aches and pains usually adding up to the same amount. My back is better but my legs ache a lot more. I find that they are a lot slower which is fine accept having to cut off a lot more. Being so understaffed our manager barricades you in his office when you cut off and wont let you out until you agree to go back out and finish! 
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
Loved mine - as an early adopter, I used it for three and a half years. I am retired now and still suffer from knee and back problems but feel that they would have been much worse but for the trolley. The only people that should find them a problem are those that continually expect to steal time from their contracted hours, and the managers who will have to authorise extended delivery or shorten walks to accommodate a good safety measure that takes longer to deliver. Obviously, on a light day with a 5 kilo loop you would leave it in the van and enjoy the freedom of movement, but for mixed loads up to 30k they are perfect, unlike the HCT which is a real pain even within reach of your office.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
Use them as they are mandatory not optional.
Unless the safety of the Mail is at risk ,but make sure you weigh any bags you may have to carry to make sure they aren't overweight .
I've used them for ages now and I'm getting lots of problems in my ankles,legs and lower back.
I didn't have any of those problems when we had bikes nearly 4 years ago but if you do the job properly then you are not to blame for these things, royal Mail are
Unless the safety of the Mail is at risk ,but make sure you weigh any bags you may have to carry to make sure they aren't overweight .
I've used them for ages now and I'm getting lots of problems in my ankles,legs and lower back.
I didn't have any of those problems when we had bikes nearly 4 years ago but if you do the job properly then you are not to blame for these things, royal Mail are
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
Eastie16 - if you don't mind me asking, how short are you? The standard LWT is designed to be used by 95% of the population. As you say there is one available for very tall people but I believe there is also a version available now for very short people too. I'm afraid I can't remember the height threshold but if you are going through the revision process now then the planner or DOM should be able to find out.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
Well mandatory is all fine and dandy,however,in my experience ,none of the walks are planned for use with this,"mandatory" piece of junk. I have tried to use them ,but hey get under my feet whether they are pushed or pulled. I couldn't care less about making time.Pidleypoo wrote:Use them as they are mandatory not optional.
Unless the safety of the Mail is at risk ,but make sure you weigh any bags you may have to carry to make sure they aren't overweight .
I've used them for ages now and I'm getting lots of problems in my ankles,legs and lower back.
I didn't have any of those problems when we had bikes nearly 4 years ago but if you do the job properly then you are not to blame for these things, royal Mail are
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
32 kg is the maximum load weight it is NOT a guide weight or what you should be aiming for, only load the trolley to a weight you feel comfortable with taking to account the area you will be delivering to.Eastie16 wrote:Even the unladen weight of LWTs isn't that far off what I'd carry in a bag, so 32KG loaded weight sounds like a lot to lug around, especially in hilly areas.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
rubberbond wrote:Well mandatory is all fine and dandy,however,in my experience ,none of the walks are planned for use with this,"mandatory" piece of junk. I have tried to use them ,but hey get under my feet whether they are pushed or pulled. I couldn't care less about making time.Pidleypoo wrote:Use them as they are mandatory not optional.
Unless the safety of the Mail is at risk ,but make sure you weigh any bags you may have to carry to make sure they aren't overweight .
I've used them for ages now and I'm getting lots of problems in my ankles,legs and lower back.
I didn't have any of those problems when we had bikes nearly 4 years ago but if you do the job properly then you are not to blame for these things, royal Mail are
-
Ralph Wiggum
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 25 Nov 2008, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
They are the biggest pile of sh**e EVER. Not one person uses one at our office as it would be impossible to complete the duty as it does take you much longer. That then results in bullying by management who threaten you with the conduct code if you dont complete. Result is postmen and women have no choice but to bin off the LWT and rush and run everyday with a bag on your shoulder just to make sure you can complete and are not threatend with the sack every single day.
Sad but true.
Sad but true.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32815
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: LWTs - any fans out there?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.