redneck wrote:Agree with a lot of that, up to the point where a full timer is asked to lapse the mech on my current round from 6.30 before I arrive at 7 and makes out he's doing me a favour by cutting down my working day by 30 mins, he's effectively picking my pocket on request. One man's flexibility can be another mans wage cut.OnAFlyer wrote:That's how we've been working for ages. I'd rather go home early when I finish early and go a bit over if needed other days. 90% of the time it works in our favour.
You can't blame RM for wanting more flexibility and resourcing to workload - the vast vast majority of people working until time every day on the same duty are taking the mick on some days, the workload differs so much.
I'm not saying I want a fully flexible week btw, I can't do it anyway as I have childcare (plus I don't want to!). But, finishing early one day then expecting to be paid for finishing the same time over another is ridiculous from a business point of view.
Yes I know the agreement is work all your paid hours each day, but if you get job&knock some days in exchange for a bit of flexibility when needed then it benefits everyone. Obviously you need managers that don't take advantage and take the p*ss though, luckily ours don't. Tell them you can't work over any day and you don't, simple as that.
Lapsing your mech? What exactly does that mean? As I'd it's what I think then someone is possibly going to get in big trouble for it