http://www.expressandstar.com/editors-p ... petitions/
Singing postman Nathan Farrell has beaten off competition from thousands of hopefuls to make it through to the regional finals of two national competitions.
The 29-year-old from Bloxwich was one of 15 singers out of 250 who were chosen after auditioning for the Future Music songwriting competition at Birmingham's NEC.
The father-of-two impressed the judging panel by singing two of his own songs, The Closer You Come, and Keep Your Dreams Alive.
He will now go to Bristol on April 11 where he will be competing against more than 20 singers in the hope of getting through to the finals in London.
Back in 2012 the Express & Star caught up with Nathan as he belted out the tunes on his daily round
The winner of the competition will be given £10,000.
Mr Farrell, who has been singing competitively since the age of 17, was also successful after auditioning for Mecca Bingo's Star Search competition.
Around 50,000 hopefuls around the UK sent in a video audition and the videos were posted online with people asked to vote for their favourites.
Mr Farrell, who has been a postman covering Bloxwich for more than a decade, will be one of 25 competitors taking part in the regional heats at Mecca Bingo in Oldbury on April 29.
If he gets through the next round, he will compete in the finals in Blackpool in July and would be in with a chance of winning a trip to Hollywood and £5,000.
He said: "I'm over the moon. I enter competitions all over the UK.
"I was very excited to do my own songs for the Future Music competition and it's exciting that I'm going to be performing in Bristol.
"They are looking for creative new styles. When I appeared in front of the judges I sang a ballad and an uplifting pop song.
"I think at regional finals I will be singing an extended version of The Closer You Come and I'm planning to organise a couple of minibuses so my friends and family can come down.
"I sang Elton John and Limp Bizkit songs to get through for the other competition and I will probably be doing a song of my own and two covers for the next round."
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Singing Bloxwich postman hits right note in competitions
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Singing Bloxwich postman hits right note in competitions
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Singing Bloxwich postman hits right note in competitions
"Mr Farrell, who has been a postman covering Bloxwich for more than a decade"
Must be a big round, Bloxwich having a population of some 40,000
and he still manages to sing. 
Must be a big round, Bloxwich having a population of some 40,000
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Singing Bloxwich postman hits right note in competitions
HE cover part of Bloxwich :) and always work in Bloxwich.