ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

how to enjoy your day better

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by Postie45 »

spiderj wrote:I'm not naive

What's the worst that could happen?
Sacked?

I've dealt with worse in my life as have most folk.
If I don't challenge the behaviour,how could I face myself in the mirror?

Yet I'm also understand why the majority in our do dont take breaks and work overtime for free.

Fear
I'm not afraid of losing my job anymore,I've been threatened too many times already in this job.

And that's it
Its just a job.
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
with the union support there is no chance of you being sacked for doing the job properly
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Well done Spiderj :Applause Provided you're happy that's the main thing. Unfortunately Management don't like us actually doing what we're meant to be doing! They view it as "Trouble Making" although they shouldn't! :no no

Years ago when the Budgets really tightened up I had an ongoing argument with the DOM, because he couldn't believe the duty took as long as it did, and I wasn't going over without claiming OT, he said he'd have to, "Find something I could do in the 4 hour delivery span". :roll:

I ended up having the entire duty prepted an bagged by a FTer (who was a Tosser and just missorted it into MEGA Bundles that used to fall to bits, and stuffed all the packets on top). :arrrghhh However guess what? Mail Volume picked up and suddenly he was all Sweet & Light and asking for me to work OT. You can guess my answer! :cuppa

Good Luck on your stand! :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by DB1100 »

You're an ex squaddie aren't you spiderj?
For we were soldiers once,and young
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by spiderj »

Emailed just say it

Felt that some outside advice was needed

Can't get anymore unpopular can I?

I'll say one thing
I've never known a job like this where the people in day to day charge have almost no leadership skills.
I won
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by Dorset Plodder »

spiderj wrote:
I'll say one thing
I've never known a job like this where the people in day to day charge have almost no leadership skills.
Agree Spiderj. I think RM is highlighted in most Management Training Companies as:" This is what can happen to your Business if you let unprofessional, petty minded bullies try and run it for you"! :hmmmm

Look on the bright side....At least no-ones life relies on the decisions of these idiots...if it did we'd really be in the crap! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: how to enjoy your day better

Post by spiderj »

I hear you
:thumbup
I won