We know the days of a job for life are gone. I just wonder how long a lot of us are going to be able to stick it out.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
HighStaff Turnover at RM
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: HighStaff Turnover at RM
Very Honest posts by Countyboy and Lincox
I'm not sure if RM are aware of the wear & tear on the average Postie, or whether they just choose to ignore it.
We know the days of a job for life are gone. I just wonder how long a lot of us are going to be able to stick it out.
We know the days of a job for life are gone. I just wonder how long a lot of us are going to be able to stick it out.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Chasdad
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 27 Jan 2015, 11:05
- Gender: Male
Re: HighStaff Turnover at RM
Well thanks for all the replies on this. Plenty to take note of. The DOM who interviewed me seemed a very reasonable bloke so I'm going to keep an open mind on being droppedin it from the off. I'd like the job long term and there isn't a lot out there from scratch that pays well. Like most of you a family to feed needs must etc....
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: HighStaff Turnover at RM
I wonder why that is? I've noticed the same thing, some real nasty people who are watching you and will drop you in the doggy doo at the slightest thing. You really can't trust anyone at this place. Don't remember it ever being like this in previous jobs.DB1100 wrote:For the first few weeks keep yourself to yourself,but keep an eye on the people you work with there are some nasty people working for RM who would think nothing of dropping you in the smelly stuff,after a while you will know who to trust and who not to,I would turn down overtime until you have settled in and know the routine and a few of the walks,take your rest days until your body has adjusted and don't rush or try and keep up with anyone,speed comes with time,it's not that bad a job once you get settled in and it's better once you are out of the office.Don't get involved with office politics and ignore the barrack room lawyers and you should be fine,JOIN THE UNION ASAP.