ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Billy Hayes VR package

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
Did December 28th live up to your expectations ? :shock:
A fiver ? :Very Happy
Breakfast ? :Very Happy
And nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more ? :nana :nana
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:Did December 28th live up to your expectations ? :shock:
A fiver ? :Very Happy
Breakfast ? :Very Happy
And nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more ? :nana :nana
No, No, No, and No. TBH LL very few people knew I was leaving on that day, which was actually the 19th but my official last working day was the 28th. So no maudlin farewells from people who was glad to see the back of me, no collection, no gathering round the DB fittings to hear what a sterling employee blah, blah.
One or two people who knew bought me small gifts and quite a number of cards and I just left on the end of shift.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:Did December 28th live up to your expectations ? :shock:
A fiver ? :Very Happy
Breakfast ? :Very Happy
And nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more ? :nana :nana
No, No, No, and No. TBH LL very few people knew I was leaving on that day, which was actually the 19th but my official last working day was the 28th. So no maudlin farewells from people who was glad to see the back of me, no collection, no gathering round the DB fittings to hear what a sterling employee blah, blah.
One or two people who knew bought me small gifts and quite a number of cards and I just left on the end of shift.
To be honest it's probably best just fading away like that :thumbup and no secret to keep from the good lady wife. :Very Happy