ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM terminology!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: RM terminology!

Post by Barbel »

I applied for a round and have just found out I've got it after being with RM for 2 years so there's always hope. I Don't think I could have stuck it out being a reserve for years on end though being mucked about. I think sometimes It just boils down to luck and who else applies for the job.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: RM terminology!

Post by Spedley »

Same here, our Floaters cover the days off for a group of duty holders. Reserve is the name for someone with no specific job and they generally cover sickness or annual leave. A Spare is surplus staff usually loaned out to another office.