We have deliveries of 970 and 990 drops in my office, plus several more weighing it at well over 850 delivery points. All terraced streets with virtually no flats/driveways/businesses etc. On the other hand, we have rounds that are comprised completely of detached and semi-detached properties with gates and driveways that number between 350 and 400 drops. Do other towns and cities not have a similar mix?mobydick1974 wrote:So your say you have 7 d2d which are taking you 75 minutes a day..160 delivery points...so your delivery has 960 delivery points?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D costing RM ?
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Re: D2D costing RM ?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: D2D costing RM ?
I have only been with RM for 11 years and in that time the work of the part time worker has changed beyond belief,before P&L I could comfortabley manage my workload,now is a different story,how many D2D'S did you have as a part timer when you started,I was unlucky to get 1 now it's 4 most weeks,the most we have had is 8 so there is a vast difference between part time workers when you were a knock kneed lad and now,but no doubt you will deny this.fishtank wrote:Spent my first 5 years as a part-time worker, while I held down another job.DB1100 wrote:welcome to the world of part time workers.
No mail was ever prepped for me never mind any D2D, the f***ers didn't even clear my boxes down or empty my drop bag.
We didn't even have the luxury of sequenced mail.
Welcome to the world of the got the t-shirt.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D costing RM ?
There is a letter on the union board at work about it, you are welcome to come and have a look/take a copy,or I can bring it up to you,next time I am in god's own county.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 15&t=55212 LTB announcing the trial. However despite wasting 30 minutes I can't find any LTB or documentation on the CWU site actually reporting on the trial
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D costing RM ?
You're not describing the change in a part-timer's workload, you are describing the change in all our workloads, the basic premiss hasn't changed, X amount of work in Y amount of hours, It was no easier then for a part-timer than it is now, It's just the type of work that's changed...less manual letters prep, more D2D and packets to prep, the part-timers in my office finish at the same time as the full-timers, It would be hard not to considering they're paired up with full-timers, they don't work any harder during their working hours than a full-timer, they just work less hours.DB1100 wrote:I have only been with RM for 11 years and in that time the work of the part time worker has changed beyond belief,before P&L I could comfortabley manage my workload,now is a different story,how many D2D'S did you have as a part timer when you started,I was unlucky to get 1 now it's 4 most weeks,the most we have had is 8 so there is a vast difference between part time workers when you were a knock kneed lad and now,but no doubt you will deny this.
When I was a "knocked kneed lad" the part-timers always finished later than the full-timers, mainly because in those days by the time I wandered in everybody else was wandering out. I didn't mind too much, I needed the extra money.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12203
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D costing RM ?
You've also got another possible change coming up in the future, if RM decide that the trial of scanning every packet in MCs is sucessfull you'll almost certainly have to scan everyone in DOs. Probably on the doorstep as you deliver them. No idea if they'll also get a scan in DOs (probably allocating to whatever number your walk is)fishtank wrote:You're not describing the change in a part-timer's workload, you are describing the change in all our workloads, the basic premiss hasn't changed, X amount of work in Y amount of hours, It was no easier then for a part-timer than it is now, It's just the type of work that's changed...less manual letters prep, more D2D and packets to prep, the part-timers in my office finish at the same time as the full-timers, It would be hard not to considering they're paired up with full-timers, they don't work any harder during their working hours than a full-timer, they just work less hours.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: D2D costing RM ?
No word of a lie but we as part timers finish at different times to the full timers even tho we go out in the same van's,there is 10 minutes between our finish time's,it was a complete balls up our revision,we are having another one at the minute and that is looking even worse,do the part timers do any of the driving in your pair ups or is it just the full timers?fishtank wrote:You're not describing the change in a part-timer's workload, you are describing the change in all our workloads, the basic premiss hasn't changed, X amount of work in Y amount of hours, It was no easier then for a part-timer than it is now, It's just the type of work that's changed...less manual letters prep, more D2D and packets to prep, the part-timers in my office finish at the same time as the full-timers, It would be hard not to considering they're paired up with full-timers, they don't work any harder during their working hours than a full-timer, they just work less hours.DB1100 wrote:I have only been with RM for 11 years and in that time the work of the part time worker has changed beyond belief,before P&L I could comfortabley manage my workload,now is a different story,how many D2D'S did you have as a part timer when you started,I was unlucky to get 1 now it's 4 most weeks,the most we have had is 8 so there is a vast difference between part time workers when you were a knock kneed lad and now,but no doubt you will deny this.
When I was a "knocked kneed lad" the part-timers always finished later than the full-timers, mainly because in those days by the time I wandered in everybody else was wandering out. I didn't mind too much, I needed the extra money.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: D2D costing RM ?
Some full time rural driving duties will only have about 200 addresses over maybe 50 or 60 miles.Ozzvaldo wrote:We have deliveries of 970 and 990 drops in my office, plus several more weighing it at well over 850 delivery points. All terraced streets with virtually no flats/driveways/businesses etc. On the other hand, we have rounds that are comprised completely of detached and semi-detached properties with gates and driveways that number between 350 and 400 drops. Do other towns and cities not have a similar mix?mobydick1974 wrote:So your say you have 7 d2d which are taking you 75 minutes a day..160 delivery points...so your delivery has 960 delivery points?