What so assuming finish time on Saturday is 2pm or thereabouts they were quite happy to pay 18 hrs overtime to get just the letters etc of 2 walks delivered, so what about the parcels that people like you and I have paid for and are waiting for, to be honest I really think that stinks.
Yes good luck to the person getting half a weeks pay for 2 hours extra work but unless this is a piss take to wind folk up then really the management at DO level need to have their arses kicked into the middle of next week.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVISION
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4123
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
I've been doing the job by the book, I'm known for it even if the rest of the office don't bother so much, the bosses have given up on me
no amount of threats or intimidation has worked on me, waters off a duck's back as far as I am concerned, when you don't care, life is so much easier 
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:It could be. But even if it is whats the problem, one of the things we recommend is not being specific on details and using obfuscation to hide your real world identity - if that was their intention you may have ruined it.
I do that every day..with folk who know me
I won
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
Precisely! I keep saying it, but if the items per work hour target isn't being met for whatever reason it doesn't matter if everyone in the office drags their feet until finish time - you're still getting more lapsing/hours taken out.clashcityrocker wrote:If your revision is based on a high model week to protect full time employment and you then lose a massive amount of mail when TNT appears on your streets or Amazon decide to deliver their own packets, then not only do you have less indoor work but also less outdoor work.slinder123 wrote: read some of them but how can you do all that and still finish an hour earlier
Or if you are lucky to average 1 D2D contract/week.
All this "Do the Job Properly" is very good and I support it 100% but the only thing that will save jobs is work.
And while some areas will never see this sort of competition, they probably work in an area that has historically ben subsidised by those areas now seeing the biggest drop in traffic.
Like it or not, lapsing is keeping a lot of us in full time work because it enables us to still meet efficiency targets.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
Gold fox you are a hero
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
"" Heroine ""Chelseablue wrote:Gold fox you are a hero
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4202
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
They have already tried doing delivery revisions in our depot by trying to increase our indoor workload
It would not have happened if staff were not arriving back to the office early. I stuck to my guns and went for a break, and let someone else take care of doing that extra indoor workload. I got a little bit of flak from one of the newbie managers (they seem to through them in the deep end when Royal Mail make some changes) who asked me why I was having a break in the canteen??
How dare they question why I am on a 20 minute break at the official time!! I will go and see your superior about this when I have finished my break.
It would not have happened if staff were not arriving back to the office early. I stuck to my guns and went for a break, and let someone else take care of doing that extra indoor workload. I got a little bit of flak from one of the newbie managers (they seem to through them in the deep end when Royal Mail make some changes) who asked me why I was having a break in the canteen??
How dare they question why I am on a 20 minute break at the official time!! I will go and see your superior about this when I have finished my break.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
Delivery methods are 2 years old in our orifice. Rumour has it that there is going to be another revision this March because TNT are coming to town.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
Actually by law you could have retaken or restarted the whole break again.postslippete wrote:They have already tried doing delivery revisions in our depot by trying to increase our indoor workload
It would not have happened if staff were not arriving back to the office early. I stuck to my guns and went for a break, and let someone else take care of doing that extra indoor workload. I got a little bit of flak from one of the newbie managers (they seem to through them in the deep end when Royal Mail make some changes) who asked me why I was having a break in the canteen??
How dare they question why I am on a 20 minute break at the official time!! I will go and see your superior about this when I have finished my break.
Rest breaks at work
Workers have the right to one uninterrupted 20 minute rest break during their working day (this could be a tea or lunch break), if they work more than 6 hours a day
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: SUCCESFUL SELF HELP GUIDE FOR NEW DELIVERY METHODS REVIS
Sign for a duty , revision, sign for another duty, revision, another duty, revision , why can't they get it right first time ffs . Taking hours out again they are saying , well why don't we all say we're not prepared to workout days off now , the place would be a mess .