[quote="Mr_Pink"]The big question is, why would anyone want to buy one?!
Daylight Robbery?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
Is that the van, or the postieMr_Pink wrote:The big question is, why would anyone want to buy one?!
Bare minimum maintenance carry out, used on short start-stop journeys, very little mechanical sympathy shown, most have some sort of cosmetic damage.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
if so he'll want a couple of Delivery Offices on the route for filling up with diesel.dodger162 wrote:Is the van to be used to move house from s london to the isle of mull?
-
dodger162
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
I spoke to the workshop manager today and Ive been offered one for free with a full tank. One careful owner, lady driver and never driven above 50mph 
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
in a 30 zonedodger162 wrote:I spoke to the workshop manager today and Ive been offered one for free with a full tank. One careful owner, lady driver and never driven above 50mph
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Postie Urgently Needs Used-Mail-Van Manager Contact Deta
That's not an excuse, that's luuvvvv ....... isn't it ?rubberbond wrote:Not the old ,"the sheep backed onto me" excuse?Lounge Lizard wrote:All sorts of things can go in in the back of a large enough van in a "rural location".dvbuk55 wrote:Cycle? Moped? Scooter? Car? Why would you need a van unless you were thinking of using on deliverycyatheac wrote:I’ll soon transfer (13th Feb) to a rural location without frequent bus service. Two van deals have recently fallen through and I’m stuck without transport. Can anyone supply a name/email/phone number of a manager who can arrange a deal on a small used Royal Mail van e.g. Vauxhall Combo/Peugeot Partner/Bipper or similar, in the next week. I live south of London but would travel to pick up a van. Desperate to do a deal. Many thanks.![]()
![]()
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
rubberbond wrote:in a 30 zonedodger162 wrote:I spoke to the workshop manager today and Ive been offered one for free with a full tank. One careful owner, lady driver and never driven above 50mph
Didn't want an old bike then?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
ScottR
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 03 Feb 2015, 17:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
I asked the mechanic at our workshop and he said that at our office the vans are sent down to Glasgow to be auctioned off if they are worth it - if not they are stripped of salvageable parts and then sold for scrap - in my local area there are three ex-Royal Mail vans that still faintly display the livery on the sides I always mistake them for a postie when they go past
I was wondering as I wouldn't mind a combo to do up and use
I was wondering as I wouldn't mind a combo to do up and use
Knowledge is a treasure but practice is the key to it.
-
richystran
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 20 May 2010, 02:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
I think the last few vans we have been supplied have been "contract hire" vans, so RM do not own them anymore.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Can posties buy a used Royal Mail Van prior to auction?
SweetTrueBlueTerrier wrote:
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "