http://www.kirkintilloch-herald.co.uk/n ... -1-3669271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A postmaster in Milton of Campsie is hitting out at Royal Mail for refusing to remove one of their own mailboxes which is no longer in use.
Gordon Robertson, who runs the post office at Antermony Road has been told by the company that he will have to pay for its removal himself.
The irate postmaster told the Herald: “Royal Mail put up a new post box across the road from the store in July last year.
“They sealed the old post box which is embedded into the wall of the shop and told me they would come to take it away and fix the window in my shop afterwards.
“It’s really unsightly. As late as November they said they would take it away. Then I got a letter telling me they won’t pay – and that I have to do it myself.’’
Mr Robertson said he is keen to carry out work to upgrade the front of his store which had proved difficult when the post box was in
operation. But he added: “Why should I have to pay to remove one of their old boxes?”
In the letter dated to Mr Robertson, dated November 21, Royal Mail’s area collection manager said: “I have been advised that unfortunately Royal Mail would not pay for the removal of the box. As the box is now out of commission, we can though, authorise you to arrange for its removal and disposal, and please accept this letter as confirmation you have authority to do this. I trust this will allow you to progress with your intended works.”
Royal Mail spokesperson, Morag Turnbull told the Herald on Friday: “Royal Mail installed a replacement postbox near Milton of Campsie Post Office as the original posting facility was in a poor state of repair and to allow customers to post mail. The local Post Office requested a letter giving them authorisation from Royal Mail to remove the box themselves. This was sent to Mr Robertson in November.”
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postmaster hits out at Royal Mail
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Postmaster hits out at Royal Mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Postmaster hits out at Royal Mail
"It’s really unsightly"
Probably no more unsightly than the rest of the building judging by all the blue paint peeling of flaking off. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postmaster hits out at Royal Mail

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postmaster hits out at Royal Mail
So remove the box do the building work and sell it on eBay to recoup some of the cost.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.