ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Safeplaced a tracked item 2 weeks ago...
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplaced a tracked item 2 weeks ago...
Safe places are designated by the receiver, not chosen by the postman/woman. If it goes missing your job could be on the line. If management are telling you otherwise, ask for it in writing. If they don't give you it stick with three attempts at neighbours, either side and across the road. Still no answer then take it back, you have then done everything within the procedure.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplaced a tracked item 2 weeks ago...
Call me strange, but I will not blindly follow safeplace instructions on items, if it results in item being left somewhere where anyone can come along and take the item after I'm gone (rather than only the residents). Same as any other piece of mail (letters; parcels; D2D).
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Safeplaced a tracked item 2 weeks ago...
I'd love to see a photo of that. I'm betting it's something made in office and is by no means official.gary1975 wrote:Our office has a poster up saying don't bring back tracked, leave in a safe place simples, and a picture of a meerkat