I would say that a senior man is somebody with 19 years service so maybe you might have made an excellent PHG.twincamms wrote:Postman Higher Grade aka Senior Man or Brown Tongue.............
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Save at any cost....
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Save at any cost....
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
bigbazza
- Posts: 113
- Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Save at any cost....
Someone with a muffin tophouseoflords wrote:Whats a PHG?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Save at any cost....
twincamms wrote:All my opinions are based on my experiences..................TrueBlueTerrier wrote:You do put people in boxes a lot. Try taking people at face value, just because the senior men at your office are "brown tongues" doesn't' mean that all Senior Men or FTs everywhere else are.
The strange thing is after posting this I read your post about B&H. What they did to you was despicable and beyond contempt and something I try to fight against in my office. In essence they made a judgement on you breaking strike and put you into the "scab" box. All I would say is, after your experience please don't fall into repeating their behaviour but with a different target (box).
I am glad you beat them though, in my outlook on life no real Union supporter should treat another worker the way they treated you. Of course I am disappointed when workers don't strike, but I wouldn't bully or harass them for having a different opinion, but then I wouldn't shy away from explaining why I think they were misguided in their decision.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Save at any cost....
My " OPG Locker Man" is brilliant and would fit the title PHG (as he basically does have a LOT of Service).
I would support the re-introduction of the PHG BUT I think in many DOs it would just be dolled out to the DOM's Favourites.... Therefore it's probably a good thing that it disappeared.
I agree though that a lot of youngsters just use it for the "Man in the Locker"!
I would support the re-introduction of the PHG BUT I think in many DOs it would just be dolled out to the DOM's Favourites.... Therefore it's probably a good thing that it disappeared.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
elverly
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Save at any cost....
PHG post man higher grade
-
elverly
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Save at any cost....
went in 2000 no more PHG