ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why did you not lapse?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Why did you not lapse?
I thought the business liked this flexing shite, Although you should have got your s**t straight first it's nit picking over feck all, you worked your contracted hours and a decent rep will make it go away. You are in the union I take it? It's just that I get a lot of hassle on here for helping non-members and I don't want to piss off the CWU Stasi, they have eyes everywhere... 
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
hatetheboss
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 04:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back Of Beyond
Re: Why did you not lapse?
In an Ideal world Fish you are right regarding the flexing, unfortunately these managers don't do reason and that is why staff should cover their backs at all times.fishtank wrote:I thought the business liked this flexing shite, Although you should have got your s**t straight first it's nit picking over feck all, you worked your contracted hours and a decent rep will make it go away. You are in the union I take it? It's just that I get a lot of hassle on here for helping non-members and I don't want to piss off the CWU Stasi, they have eyes everywhere...
They are coming to take us away
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Why did you not lapse?
I'm sure like me Fish you have only ever seen this flexible working one way, I once suggested working over each day, coming in saturday, throwing off then f*****g off home early as I wanted to go out somewhere, they jumped at the idea. Not. Royal Mai's idea of flexibilty is you come to work and are flexible, you stay out as long as it takes. Anyone else is a s**t postman with performance issues.fishtank wrote:I thought the business liked this flexing shite, Although you should have got your s**t straight first it's nit picking over feck all, you worked your contracted hours and a decent rep will make it go away. You are in the union I take it? It's just that I get a lot of hassle on here for helping non-members and I don't want to piss off the CWU Stasi, they have eyes everywhere...
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Why did you not lapse?
That is exactly what you should have done!lofarl wrote:Had I started on my exact time and had my full break I would have finished about 14:30. The fact that I finished earlier is due to the fact that I came in 30 min's early and only had 10 min's break. Had I came in at 08:30 and said, hey listen I have the doctors today oh and I am going to sit upstairs for 30 min's on my break before leaving the building, I know fine well they would have asked why I didn't come in a bit sharper and I am being unreasonable. I can't win. They are just looking for a reason to have a go at me.
I had a series of hospital appointments last year where I would come in early so as to get away sharper and this was never an issue after clearing it with the DOM. Had today been exceptionally busy I would have said I cannot complete my duty on time. I was not asking to get away early I just did not think I had scope to lapse.
-
kilrenny
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 19 Jun 2010, 19:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Why did you not lapse?
you have to let doms know in good time. how can they plan an office if people come in and tell them there and then they have an appt.doing this can lead to more work being plied on others. different if it was an emergency but then it is highly unlikely you would be in anayway. get rep involved.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Why did you not lapse?
I normally book Doctors and Dentist appointments for late afternoons now. Although that sometimes clashes with picking the kids up and after school clubs!
I find the major problems are the Hospital appointments as they just give you times the Specialists can fit you in.
What I find more disgraceful is when colleagues are struggling to get away to a Funeral!
We recently had a colleague who wanted to attend one of his customers funeral (Not Family), he was told to work until the appropriate time, cut off attend the Funeral and then finish his Duty. I felt really sorry for the guy he was moving like Billy Whizz... Sweating like a pig.....trying to get prepped and out the door. I would have offered to help but it's a Rural I've never covered.
I find the major problems are the Hospital appointments as they just give you times the Specialists can fit you in.
What I find more disgraceful is when colleagues are struggling to get away to a Funeral!
We recently had a colleague who wanted to attend one of his customers funeral (Not Family), he was told to work until the appropriate time, cut off attend the Funeral and then finish his Duty. I felt really sorry for the guy he was moving like Billy Whizz... Sweating like a pig.....trying to get prepped and out the door. I would have offered to help but it's a Rural I've never covered.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Why did you not lapse?
Next time just play by it their rules and they can't touch you. Start at your start time, use equipment provided, take your full break and work at a reasonable pace. If you wish to finish on time and there is too much work use cut off procedure (it is on here somewhere use the search)