Tosh is it? Guess you don't have a clue what a proscribed occupation is or the consequences that it may involve if you get into trouble with the policeroyalmailslave wrote:That's absolute tosh....some of the problems ...run ins with the law some of my colleagues have had during my 17 years working at RM and nothing has been passed from the police to RM ...stop putting the frighteners on the ladzx135 wrote:postiewhite wrote:I dont think it would. But why would he need to know?silly suffolk wrote:if it goes' to court, inform your manager. otherwise, forget it.
We work in a proscribed occupation which means if you are convicted (or depending on offence even just charged) of an offence the police will inform rm of the conviction or charge
So in event of police becoming involved and a charge looking likely tell your dom as it's better coming from you earlier than the police later as it may look like you were hiding the matter
I myself speaking from experience ....I've done 7 years on the door too during my RM career
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ex girlfriend reporting harrasment texts
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Ex girlfriend reporting harrasment texts
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: Ex girlfriend reporting harrasment texts
I'm not disputing what the rule book states I'm saying in 17 years I've never known a colleague been in trouble with RM through being in trouble with the police ....zx135 wrote:Tosh is it? Guess you don't have a clue what a proscribed occupation is or the consequences that it may involve if you get into trouble with the policeroyalmailslave wrote:That's absolute tosh....some of the problems ...run ins with the law some of my colleagues have had during my 17 years working at RM and nothing has been passed from the police to RM ...stop putting the frighteners on the ladzx135 wrote:postiewhite wrote:I dont think it would. But why would he need to know?silly suffolk wrote:if it goes' to court, inform your manager. otherwise, forget it.
We work in a proscribed occupation which means if you are convicted (or depending on offence even just charged) of an offence the police will inform rm of the conviction or charge
So in event of police becoming involved and a charge looking likely tell your dom as it's better coming from you earlier than the police later as it may look like you were hiding the matter
I myself speaking from experience ....I've done 7 years on the door too during my RM career
We're talkin about sending your ex a message here calling her a bitch etc...lets not make a mountain out of a molehill
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Ex girlfriend reporting harrasment texts
royalmailslave wrote:That's absolute tosh....zx135 wrote:postiewhite wrote:I dont think it would. But why would he need to know?silly suffolk wrote:if it goes' to court, inform your manager. otherwise, forget it.
We work in a proscribed occupation which means if you are convicted (or depending on offence even just charged) of an offence the police will inform rm of the conviction or charge
So in event of police becoming involved and a charge looking likely tell your dom as it's better coming from you earlier than the police later as it may look like you were hiding the matter
Its not tosh - the Police have just decided that your incidents did not need reporting to Royal Mail under the Notifiable Occupations Scheme:
http://www.warwickshire.police.uk/Docum ... Notocc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Notifiable Occupations Scheme:
Revised Guidance for Police Forces, offers advice to the Police Service UK
relative to the disclosure of conviction and other information in relation to
people in professions or occupations which carry additional trust or
responsibility. Disclosure in such circumstances would generally outweigh the
normal duty of confidentiality owed to the individual
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.